Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED + NVIDIA SDK and updated REDCINE-X now available

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Abeynayake View Post
    According to nVidia, "Using NVLink to scale performance and memory capacity requires application-specific support."

Are we going to see this is enacted on REDCine-X Pro as well?
    It is supported in RCX 51.

Pardon me Stacey, but where does it say RED had enacted multi GPU support?

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Pardon me Stacey, but where does it say RED had enacted multi GPU support?
    It was in the beta 4 thread. Phil mentions running dual Titans in post 3 of that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Spears View Post
    It was in the beta 4 thread. Phil mentions running dual Titans in post 3 of that thread.
    Thank you. However here is what we are experiencing.

CHANGES IN THIS BUILD (http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...IA-CUDA-decode)
    Added: Memory improvements to perform GPU decoding. Memory requirement has been reduced to 4GB for full GPU decoding and playback.
    Added: Speed improvements on GPU decoding and the IPP2 Image Pipeline.
    Added: Multi-GPU support for windowed display. (Full screen support is not fully implemented.)

We enacted a dual GPU setup with nVlink and it does NOT work well as it is supposed to be. You don't get the speed, scalability or the stability that is expected on this software update.

Maybe in a future update.

We enacted a dual GPU setup with nVlink and it does NOT work well as it is supposed to be. You don't get the speed, scalability or the stability that is expected on this software update.
    Hi Neil,

With Dual Titan RTX cards w/ NVlink I am getting beyond 72fps 8K FF 5:1 at full debayer in realtime (tested via changing the timebase of the clip). Double check those GPU drivers and ensure NVlink is correctly configured.

Some interesting observations. NVlink does indeed work better than dual GPU without the bridge.

This is on an 18-core X299 system, but at this point it's more about what the footage is being read from as that's about 780MB/s.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Thank you Phil. I'll try a clean install of nVidia drivers and give it a try. We are waiting for more GPUs to arrive within the next few days. One more question about the nvlink. Do you have the nvlink that is specially made for the Titan and Quadro cards or the "regular" bridge? Is there even a difference between the two (other than the price)?

Thank you Phil. I'll try a clean install of nVidia drivers and give it a try. We are waiting for more GPUs to arrive within the next few days. One more question about the nvlink. Do you have the nvlink that is specially made for the Titan and Quadro cards or the "regular" bridge? Is there even a difference between the two (other than the price)?
    I think it's a standard connection, mine is the NVlink for the Titans. SLI will perform differently on older GPUs as that's not doing the same thing. The NVlink is a hardware bridge and not just a cable.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

NVIDIA graphics card also amazing but price is bit much.

There are differences between the dual link and single link NVLINK connectors. I think Puget did an article on it. So yes it is recommended to use the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksudul Hasan View Post
    NVIDIA graphics card also amazing but price is bit much.
    "The more you buy, the more you save"