Thread: FRAUD Ken Corben Epic-W Helium

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 FRAUD Ken Corben Epic-W Helium 
    Recently we were scammed by someone who stole Ken Corben's identity for 13,000.00 for an Epic-w.

I've spoken to Ken in person about this, and his identity has clearly been stolen.

In regards to the transaction, we paid for the camera in full and were promised that it shipped out. We asked for a tracking number, and all communication stopped. Needless to say, the camera never arrived. We've alerted the proper authorities (California and Federal).

This morning a fellow RedUser contacted me and I learned that the hacker is in full contact with them trying to sell the same camera for 12,500.00.

Beware... The hacker also procured the domain name KenCorben.com so any communication with him seems official. The invoice lists Ken Corben and "Tyquan Robert Foster" as the sellers, so I imagine that the federal investigation is focusing on Tyquan Robert Foster/ip addresses the communication is originating from etc.

Be aware that the federal authorities are looking into this matter. It will not end nicely for whomever is on the end of that email address.
    Last edited by william howell; 06-02-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: I spoke to Ken in person.
    William Howell
    Senior Creative and Multimedia Producer
    Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
    www.ihmc.us
    https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/articl...ics-walk-again

I would like to hear from Ken too, it’s been a while but I did work with him back in the Redone days

I have a phone number that I just called and got his voicemail, so if you want to call me I can give you that if it helps. May want to text me first as I’m getting a lot of spam calls.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Helium 8KS35 (For Rent) Original Manufacturer of Redone & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Update:

I have spoken to the real Ken and William and put them in touch with each other and it looks like someone is impersonating Ken. I'll let them make any further comments.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Helium 8KS35 (For Rent) Original Manufacturer of Redone & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Thanks Michael. I updated my post to reflect our communication.
    William Howell
    www.ihmc.us

Man, every month one of these threads pops up.

How did you pay for the camera? Wire? Paypal?
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030

It's water under the bridge in this instance, and no one wants to hear what they could have done differently...but I'm just wondering if buyers ever think of demanding a Facetime interaction with the seller and also demand that the seller have the item for sale IN HAND during that video call. In many instances you can find photos online of who the seller claims to be and see if the person selling the gear is in fact that person. In regard to Ken Corben a brief online search returned several photos of him. Funny how we work in video but don't necessarily think of using video, outside of security cameras to monitor property, to protect our interests and foil attempt at theft. It's near impossible to impersonate another person on video but relatively easy to impersonate another person through email, text, and phone calls. Of course, you cannot always independently learn what the person the seller claims to be looks like. But when you can, use that to safeguard yourself. Most scam artists aren't going to agree to any Facetime / video call. Whereas most honest sellers will have no issue with it.

Update.

The authorities know who he is, and where he lives. I can't say much, but his name is Tyquan Robert Foster and he lives in https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5420376/ GA. He's 18 years of age so he'll be facing federal charges.
    Last edited by william howell; 06-02-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    William Howell
    www.ihmc.us