Thread: WARNING COMER 190Wh V-Mount batteries will not lock

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 WARNING COMER 190Wh V-Mount batteries will not lock 
    (Sorry, problems with the first post of this. Hopefully a moderator can delete that one, I could not)
    Thought I'd save someone some trouble.
    Bought these based on a Reduser recommendation in another thread. These "Comer" Batteries bounce around in my CORE v-mount plates like a latte in a dirt bike cupholder. Their solution, that I replace my high quality plates with their shittier ones, is troubling. Hopefully they will honor their warranty, I'll update when and if they do. https://www.dandolighting.com/produc...-190wh-battery

On Fri, May 17, 2019 Cameron wrote:

Hello, The 190 watt Comer batteries arrived last Tuesday 05-07-19. I did not have a chance to try them till last night. Unfortunately, the V-mounts on these batteries do not fit securely on v-mount receiving plates for either of my cameras. The Comer batteries never lock, and instead slide upwards at the touch of a finger, resulting in catastrophic power interruption to the cameras. I have both IDX and Swit batteries that fit and lock securely on both these cameras. Im sorry but I must return these. Please provide shipping instructions and label.

Respectfully,
    Cameron K

On May 18, 2019, D&O Lighting wrote:

Cameron,
    Please fill out a warranty form for all the products you would like to return, and I'll send you a return label asap.

Warranty Form; https://www.dandolighting.com/pages/warranty-claims
    Regards,
    Colin

On Mon, May 27, Cameron wrote:

I did complete the warranty form last week, Colin. No response yet. Anything else you need form me?
    Cameron

On May 28, 2019, D&O Lighting wrote:
    We hope we can be able to ship your replacement out by next week Tuesday.
    Regards,
    Colin

On Tue, May 28, 2019 Cameron wrote:

Replacement? Are you saying you have batteries that will fit and lock in my v-lock plates, Colin? Because the problem is that neither of these do.
    Cameron

On May 28, 2019, D&O Lighting wrote:
    Cameron,
    I suggest you use our V-Mount plate adapter listed here; https://www.dandolighting.com/collec...ap-p-tap-cable
    10% OFF Discount Code: 10-OFF-DIR

Regards,
    Colin

On Tue, May 28, 2019 Cameron wrote:

Pity you didn't suggest that on your website on April 25th when I bought these, I would have known not to purchase the batteries. I think we both realize your suggestion is absurd. My battery plates are made by CORE and manufactured to professional tolerances. I received your batteries on May 7th, almost two weeks after ordering. I completed your warranty return request in detail, including pictures of the original boxes with serial numbers on May 20th.
    Please refund this purchase and send a return label, as you said you would, on your email of May 18th. I've already been a month without equipment I need because of this.
    Cameron K
    WGA West
    NABET Local 53, IATSE Local 695 (inactive)
    Sony F65, FS700 Odyssey 7Q+

It could be the Core SWX mount. Ive noticed the Anton Bauer gold mount batteries will not lock into a Core SWX Goldmount plate that I provided for one of my clients. Core SWX Gold mount batteries work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Hurd View Post
    It could be the Core SWX mount. Ive noticed the Anton Bauer gold mount batteries will not lock into a Core SWX Goldmount plate that I provided for one of my clients. Core SWX Gold mount batteries work fine.
    No, Cody. I don't use AB batteries. Both the IDX and SWIT batteries I have fit perfectly on Core plates and on another lower cost Chinese plate I own. Only the Comer batteries rattle around. D&O's response is unreasonable, and confirms they're aware of this problem.
    WGA West

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Hurd View Post
    No, Cody. I don't use AB batteries. Both the IDX and SWIT batteries I have fit perfectly on Core plates and on another lower cost Chinese plate I own. Only the Comer batteries rattle around. D&O's response is unreasonable, and confirms they're aware of this problem.
    WGA West

FWIW 2 Comer V lock batteries, about 3 years old fit fine onto my Red V Mount belt

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Jauch View Post
    FWIW 2 Comer V lock batteries, about 3 years old fit fine onto my Red V Mount belt
    Glad to hear it. I doubt those were the 190s though. I should also mention the only way I got D&O Lighting to respond to my refund request was to file a report with Amex. Not till then did they send a return label. Sticking with Dynacore.
    WGA West

I've got Comer Gold Mount batteries and they're annoying for a couple reasons:
    1. The locking nuts are a different size from normal gold mount batteries. Thus, you MUST use their chargers. They will get stuck on a regular anton bauer charger and also just won't charge.
    2. Because the nuts are different sizes, they "wiggle" on my anton bauer gold mount plate on my camera. It doesn't cause any problems necessarily, it's just VERY annoying that the batteries jiggle around on the camera.

IMO, they're not worth the trouble, search for better batteries $$
    Alexa Mini
    Epic Dragon - SOLD
    Scarlet Dragon - SOLD
    Scarlet MX - SOLD
    RED One MX - SOLD

DP // Director
    www.jakesouthardcinema.com
    https://vimeo.com/jakesouthardcinema/videos

Quote Originally Posted by jake southard View Post
    IMO, they're not worth the trouble, search for better batteries $$
    Good advice, Jake. After I finally got my refund from D&O (no small amount of trouble) I went with the Dynacore D-200MS 200 watt V-mounts. More power, lighter, a little more $$, but fit all my V-mount plates just beautifully. Live and learn.
    WGA West

Thank you so much that choose Dynacore ! This is Tina from Dynacore China !

Yup. Just bought two Comer BP-C130 v-mounts and they are very loose on my Red v-mount adapter. The camera stays powered up with the loose fit, but out of fear of shorting-out something very expensive, I don't dare using them again to power my camera. Wish I'd caught this thread earlier.

The Crossing Trailer for upcoming acid western inspired by the world of Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian.
    https://vimeo.com/105448633

The Lonely Moan
    http://vimeo.com/33643688

Dead Lonesome A film about Ghost Towns and the Mystique of the Western Landscape filmed in 35mm. http://vimeo.com/6874360