Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: BRENT + REDUSER

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Congrats, Brent!

RU feature request: the ability to tag somebody by mentioning the person's user name, and getting notifications of your mentions.
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Akin A View Post
    Congrats, Brent!

RU feature request: the ability to tag somebody by mentioning the person's user name, and getting notifications of your mentions.
    Man, that would be cool @Akin A
    Cinematographer/Editor/Writer

CinePros | Arterial Pictures
    RED Monstro CF "Baymax+"
    Blackmagic Pocket 4K
    Tokina Vista Primes
    Leica R

Dope

Brent make sure Jarred isn't just posting the interesting bits to Facebook pls! :P

(delete his Facebook account...)

Would be great to see this forum modernized a bit with @ tags and various other updates.

A few things:

First, Brent has always been a great asset at RED.

2nd, this site has literally landed me several long term friendships. Pretty powerful platform.

3rd, I think it's a great time for a reboot.

Here's my list of wishes.

1. Please make it so the site does not give you the warning This Website Is Not Secure when you go to log in.

2. Revising the marketplace would be great. I think a system that allows for a ranking mechanism so that we can see who the trustworthy sellers are is a very welcome idea. I don't know the best way to implement it but I'm sure you guys are trying to look into it.

3. Need to do whatever is in your power to stop people from being able to steal someone else's identity on here and sell stuff under false pretenses. Very dangerous for everyone involved.

4. Would love to see an active news area. This could be a go to place to catch up on all the latest news from RED right from the horses mouth. We kind of have it now, but I think seeing consistent news would be great.

5. An annual Reduser event so people can get to meet each other in person. I think this helps to create more of a connection amongst the community.

BTW, I know this website is a ton of work for the moderators and for the people that run it. So, thank you for committing to improve it.
    Steve Sherrick

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Thanks, all, for the words of support and requests. As you can imagine, while I have been active on here for years as a RED employee, this new direction is a completely new ballgame for me so please be patient as I get my sea legs ; )

Awesome news!

AJ

I’m fairly new to the RED family but I do visit daily and I’ve seen Brent’s impact on this forum even in my short time. Seems well deserved and all the best luck to you Brent that sounds like an exciting opportunity! I wanted to second what the Fire Chief said that although a lot has changed with the advent of social media since the birth of this site, there is something special I think about the kinda old school way this site and community interacts and I hope it’ll keep that charm about it moving forward.

Congratulations Brent. Running RU and other satellite websites is a daunting task for anyone. If need be, we'll be there to assist you in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Carter View Post
    Thanks, all, for the words of support and requests. As you can imagine, while I have been active on here for years as a RED employee, this new direction is a completely new ballgame for me so please be patient as I get my sea legs ; )
    Brent, in the new role I hope you let Jarred spill the beans more! :)
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber