Thread: LIVE FEED TO VT MONITOR FROM WATER HOUSING !!!!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 LIVE FEED TO VT MONITOR FROM WATER HOUSING !!!! 
    Howzit guys,

Just need some advice, I'm really shooting in the dark here and hoping there is something I don't know available out there....

Basically I have water housing for my Helium, but would love to send a live feed to the VT monitor for client & agency, alas I don't have a SDI port with the set up I have A. there is no SDI bulkhead B. I actually have to replace the I/O expander with just Vlock expander.

Now I know TERADEK do a OMOD expander basically irradiating the SDI etc. So my question is A. will this work in water B. will it work through the housing C. will it work with the aerials folded down?

If there is anything else you guys know of that would help me out please feel free to shout !!!

Thanks

Steven

you will with 95% certainty not be able to get a wireless signal through water.

You might want to find a Jetpack SDI and run a thin coax cable to your underwater housing, or you might want to look at SDI to fiber optics or SDI to ethernet. There is also HDMI to some of those cabled connections if you had an HDMI jetpack.

probably not what you're hoping for by any means, but if you have the envelope inside your water housing for some AKS, you can probably make it work one way or another. Jetpack SDI may be the move.

Thanks Dan, how would you power the camera then with a SDI Jetpack?

Dtap to red Lemo mains cable will do it and then find a small batt with a dtap port on it.

Craig Lees
    UK

Forgot to say that the jetpacks have a Red main power input.

Craig Lees
    UK

Hey Steven,

I don’t know the specific OMOD setup - but I have had some degree of success in the past using a Teradek TX inside my housing sans proper antenna placement etc. - don’t expect it to work underwater, but if you’re shooting topside and close to the RX it’s certainly possible. Also depends on what material your housing is made of. Might be easier to just get a bulkhead installed and use a jet pack expander (assuming the width of your housing is stopping you using the base expander?)

Legend thanks Craig think this might work !!!!

This is amazing news !!!! I think im going to go the hardwire route first and get a bulkhead installed. thanks again