Thread: DYNACORE Battery Group Buy (through Omega Broadcast)

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 DYNACORE Battery Group Buy (through Omega Broadcast) 
    GROUP BUY CLOSED.

EDIT: TIER 4 REACHED!!!

Hello all!

I'm excited to announce a little group buy offering US-based company Omega Broadcast is willing to open up to REDusers, specifically on DYNACORE's batteries.

This is my first GB organization, so bear with me on the info, and I will be cleaning up/adding info to this thread as it comes in:

When Does the GB End?
    Friday, June 7th at 12 PM CST, at which point you'll have exactly one week to pay. A link will be provided to those who are participating.

What Batteries/Chargers Are Available for the GB?
    All Dynacore batteries and chargers (as listed on Omega Broadcast's website) are up for grabs, including the newest 98Wh and 65Wh tiny batteries. I'm listing the more popular ones for now, will update with every offering soon.

Are the batteries available in V-mount and AB/Gold mount?
    Unfortunately, most available are V-mount only right now with Omega. Those are indicated with an S in the model name. AB/Gold mounts are with an A, but there are very few offerings right now.

BATTERIES
    Anything highlighted in RED means it will pass on battery % to our handy RED cameras

DD-155S (rugged with LED display) - $409.00
    DM-155S(R) (mini with RED read out) -$350.00
    DM-155S (mini) - $285.00
    DM-155A (mini) - $285.00

DM-95S (mini) - $218.90
    DM-95A (mini) - $218.90

DPM-98S (new tiny)- $200.00
    DPM-65S (new tiny) - $130.00
    BATTERY CHARGERS

D-2A - Gold Mount Simultaneous Dual Charger w/ AC Adaptor (vertical standing kind) - $179.00
    DS-2A - Gold Mount Simultaneous Dual Charger with Built-In AC Adapter (horizontal kind) - $199.00
    D-4A - Portable Simultaneous 4-channel Quad Gold Mount Battery Charger - $345.00

D-2S - V-Mount Simultaneous Dual Charger w/ AC Adaptor (vertical standing kind) - $179.00
    DS-2S - V-Mount Simultaneous Dual Charger with Built-In AC Adapter (horizontal kind) - $199.00
    D-4S - V-Mount Simultaneous Quad Charger - $485.00

DV-FSP - Quad Charger for L-Series Sony Batteries - $179.00
    DV-FU - Quad Charger for U-Series Sony Batteries - $189.00

Tiers of Group Buy Unlock
    This is for the total number of batteries ordered by REDuser, and it can be any combination of Dynacore batteries Omega Broadcast has available.

Tier 1: 5-9 batteries ordered: 10% off
    Tier 2: 10 - 15 batteries ordered : 15% off
    Tier 3: 16 - 20 batteries: 20% off
    Tier 4: Over 20 batteries: 25% off

Pricing At Tier 4

DD-155S (rugged with LED display) - $306.75
    DM-155S(R) (mini with RED read out) $262.50
    DM-155S (mini) - $213.75
    DM-155A (mini) - $213.75

DM-95S (mini) - $164.18
    DM-95A (mini) - $164.18

DPM-98S (new tiny) - $150.00
    DPM-65S (new tiny) - $97.50

BATTERY CHARGERS
    D-2A - Gold Mount Simultaneous Dual Charger w/ AC Adaptor (vertical standing kind) - $134.25
    DS-2A - Gold Mount Simultaneous Dual Charger with Built-In AC Adapter (horizontal kind) - $149.25
    D-4A - Portable Simultaneous 4-channel Quad Gold Mount Battery Charger - $258.75

D-2S - V-Mount Simultaneous Dual Charger w/ AC Adaptor (vertical standing kind) - $149.25
    DS-2S - V-Mount Simultaneous Dual Charger with Built-In AC Adapter (horizontal kind) - $149.25
    D-4S - V-Mount Simultaneous Quad Charger - $363.75

DV-FSP - Quad Charger for L-Series Sony Batteries - $134.25
    DV-FU - Quad Charger for U-Series Sony Batteries - $141.75

Here is size comparison, going from the 155 rugged to the mini to the tiny:

What is the Lead Time with Orders?
    Omega Broadcast says there is a 2-3 lead time currently on the tiny batteries.

What's the approx. runtime for each battery type?
    Run times are approximate and for a 30w camera:
    155:5hr
    98/95:3hr
    65:2hr
    As a heads-up, the RED cameras have a higher watt pull (I can't find the info on exact power draw), but on my 155S mini, I tend to get about 2 - 2.5 hours give or take

Do buyers cover shipping, or has Omega Broadcast included that in the past for group buys?
    Buyer pays for shipping.

Will you ship to Canada (and anywhere else outside the US)?
    Yes, but it’s really expensive. We have to ship to Canada via air, so there’s a flat fee of $65 per box for hazardous goods and that box only holds 6 batteries, plus the air shipping fee. All duties and fees are paid by the buyer.

Is there a warranty available on all of the Dynacore batteries, and if so, is that taken care of in the US or do those need to be sent to China?
    All the batteries have a 3 year warranty and we would handle any warranty issues for you.

Will the Dynacore batteries charge on other chargers (like IDX, for example)?
    We’ve tested most of the major brand’s chargers and they work with the batteries. The one major exception is that Anton Bauer will not charge the Dynacore gold mounts, but the Dynacore charger will charge Anton Bauer batteries.

I'll be linking to more info and updating this thread as questions arise/info comes in, but just wanted to get things started!
    Last edited by BrendanLeahy; 06-08-2019 at 11:11 AM.

TIER 4 REACHED!!!

Master List

1. Brendan Leahy - 3x DPM-98S, 1x D-2S charger
    2. Sean Solowiej - 4x DPM-98S
    3. Josh Tyron- 4x DPM-98S, 1x DV-FSP - Quad Charger
    4. Tyler Jones- 2x DM-155S, 1x D-2S
    5. Michael Reiken - 1x DM-155S(R)
    6. R. Fogg- 10x DM-155A, 6x DPM-98S
    7. Brad Crawford- 2x DPM-98S
    8. Drew Hisey - 3x DM-155S(R)
    9. Stephen Scavulli - 1x D4A, 4x DPM-98S, 4x DM-155A, 1x DV-FSP Quad Charger
    10. Freddy Dang - 3x DM-155S(R)
    11. Austin Mulhern - 1x D-2A charger, 2x DM-95A
    12. Sai Kalyan - 2x DM-155S, 1x DPM-98S
    13. Greg Ferguson - 4x DM-155S(R), 4x DPM-98S, 1x D-4S
    14. Michael Ou - 2x D-4S, 6x DPM-98S, 4x DM-155S
    15. Robby Parris - 2x 155S(R), 1x D-2S

Last edited by BrendanLeahy; 06-07-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Does anyone know if these batteries will charge on an IDX charger? Also are Dynacore chargers included in this GB?

Shipping to Canada available?
    Ryan Sauvé | @sauvedp
    Epic-X Dragon #5343
    Epic-W #7950

Hi Brendan, Appreciate you putting this together, damn good deal! I wanted to ask if down the road the batteries needed any service. Is there a Dynacore service center stateside, or would they need to be shipped overseas.
    Modest Helium Kit + Pro Primes
    -GG
    ggcinema.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg Ferguson View Post
    Does anyone know if these batteries will charge on an IDX charger? Also are Dynacore chargers included in this GB?
    I'll put in a request and see! The IDX looks very similar to what Dynacore offers as a charger, so I'm guessing so. I use an XC-2LS (from Switronix?) for my Dynacore 155S minis, and I've had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sauve View Post
    Shipping to Canada available?
    I'll ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Grzegorz Gill View Post
    Hi Brendan, Appreciate you putting this together, damn good deal! I wanted to ask if down the road the batteries needed any service. Is there a Dynacore service center stateside, or would they need to be shipped overseas.
    I've had my Dyna 155S minis for about 2 years now and they're still going strong! Omega has "3 Year USA Warranty" listed on some of the batteries, but I'll check on that too!

Thanks for organizing this Brendan. Please put me down for 2 DPM-98S.

Sean

3x DPM-98S please for me.

Does anyone know what the size and weight are of the DPM-98S the site doesn't give those specs.

Found the size of the DPM-98s batteries. 102*75*50mm Are the DPM65S the same weight?