Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: R3D footage Help

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 R3D footage Help 
    Hey there, I'm hoping someone has a solution for this problem.

Essentially I gave a client a Hard drive with red footage and for some reason there IT department reformat'ed the drive.

I was able to get the drive back, and uses a program called Disk Drill to recover all the .r3d files off the drive.

The .r3d files that are smaller then 1gig in size show up and work no problem, however the .r3d's that are larger in file size or multiple .r3d files don't seem to work.

I've tried opening those larger .r3d files in RedcineX and Premiere CC 2019 no luck on the larger files. I wanna say its because the folder structure was changed and its missing that often over looked file that links the .r3d' files into 1 take?

Anyone at Red or in the community know of a way to re-link the footage?

Thank you!

- Aaron

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #2  
    Hey Aaron,

Have you tried using REDundead to recover these files? You can get REDundead at red.com/downloads, just scroll down in the dropdown list and you'll find software at the bottom.

If you have any questions about it, please reach out to RED Support directly and we'll be more than happy to help!

https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/req...form_id=238518

I'm guessing you don't have the original mags/media, right? I was under the impression that REDundead works best recovering directly from a [non-securely] formatted mag, so I'd expect better luck from that than trying to recover off of a storage drive (especially if they changed filesystems; e.g. went from NTFS to ExFat).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    I'm guessing you don't have the original mags/media, right? I was under the impression that REDundead works best recovering directly from a [non-securely] formatted mag, so I'd expect better luck from that than trying to recover off of a storage drive (especially if they changed filesystems; e.g. went from NTFS to ExFat).
    I might be able to get day 2's mags since they have not been reused since the shoot. Just been wiped clean.. so I'm hoping Redundead pulls through. Your correct day 1 footage on an external that got re-formated.