Thread: GROUP BUY - Litepanels Gemini 2X1 and 1X1

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Thanks Travis. I just wanted to clarify that I’ll be getting the Gemini 1X1 with the attached v-mount plate not the v-mount plate for the 2X1 Gemini’s correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Wears View Post
    You're gonna love 'em! Gotcha down Mike.

TW

Travis, you're killing me with all these amazing GBs!

Quick question: Do you know what amp draw the battery needs to be able to output to power the 1x1? I understand it's a pretty powerful light. My gold mount PAGs support 10A, and up to 12A if two or more are linked together.

Gemini 1X1 Kit #1 thx

Travis, another stellar GB you've got! I would love to join but unfortunately it is through Adorama and they made it clear after months of battling and waiting on them through my last GB deal with them that they had no interest in changing their rediculous policies about shipping to US FPO/APO addresses. If you end up finding some other supplier/distrubutor, please let me know. Cheers!
    Kookaburra Empire
    Motion Pictures and Video Production
    Official Site // Facebook // IMDB

RED 6K Weapon MG #0442 "Minerva"

"Are you real? If you can't tell, does it matter?"

Senior Member Anthony Berenato Jr's Avatar
    The 2x1 became my favorite go-to light after the first group buy. Strongly considering a pair of the 1x1 panels and some v-mount adapters to have a nice full set.
    Anthony Berenato Jr.
    Director / Cinematography Enthusiast
    Web: http://www.anthonyandcamera.com
    Reel: http://vimeo.com/89725163

Weapon Helium 8K #4844

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Peng View Post
    Travis, you're killing me with all these amazing GBs!

Quick question: Do you know what amp draw the battery needs to be able to output to power the 1x1? I understand it's a pretty powerful light. My gold mount PAGs support 10A, and up to 12A if two or more are linked together.
    Watts = Volts X Amps.

200 watt light / 13 volts minimum working voltage of light = worst case draw could be 15 amps.

But these lights are so dimmable you could probably power one off a couple AA batteries with a voltage boost converter.
    Last edited by Alex Kiritz; 06-25-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Damn good lights.

I own 4 of them.

Great DPs light in that its light enough to travel and carry around but powerful and extremely versatile.

They crushed it with this one, solid well rounded tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Raby View Post
    Thanks Travis. I just wanted to clarify that I’ll be getting the Gemini 1X1 with the attached v-mount plate not the v-mount plate for the 2X1 Gemini’s correct?
    Yes, the V-Mount plate for the 2X1s is a Dual Mount Plate and we've got you down for the 1X1s with the proper V-Mount plate for that fixture.

TW
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Berenato Jr View Post
    The 2x1 became my favorite go-to light after the first group buy. Strongly considering a pair of the 1x1 panels and some v-mount adapters to have a nice full set.
    That would be a killer set. I'm using the 1X1s on my next few projects and putting the Snapbag and Grid on it makes it a bright, large source! Being able to run off bricks is a great bonus. I wasn't sure I really needed the 1X1s until I saw them in person and used them on set. Really great addition to the OG Gemini.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    Travis, another stellar GB you've got! I would love to join but unfortunately it is through Adorama and they made it clear after months of battling and waiting on them through my last GB deal with them that they had no interest in changing their rediculous policies about shipping to US FPO/APO addresses. If you end up finding some other supplier/distrubutor, please let me know. Cheers!
    First off, I'm sorry you had difficulties with the last GB. In the future, please reach out directly to me as I can make things happen and get better info for you.

I reached out to my buyer and they're willing to ship to APO but as USPS is the only delivery service that ships to APO and there's a $2900 insurance maximum on that, this is where you're running into issues. We're happy to ship to you at the APO as long as you're willing to sign off on the lower insurance maximum. You'd be taking the risk of anything over $2900 going missing along the way, although we both know the chances are slim. But just to be 100% clear. I'll DM you as well to make sure you get this.

Thanks for chiming in. Always hit me up directly if you've got a problem and I'll do my best to solve it personally.

TW
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com