Thread: GROUP BUY - Litepanels Gemini 2X1 and 1X1

Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    If anyone out there ordered a pair of 1x1's outside of the kit like me and is looking for a good, inexpensive case for them, I found one.
    Thanks again for sharing this. Mine just arrived and it's perfect. Holds two complete kits with soft box and grid. And yes it does include a 2nd large divider which I put to use to separate the soft box.

two light kit and single light kit:

www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    Thanks again for sharing this. Mine just arrived and it's perfect. Holds two complete kits with soft box and grid. And yes it does include a 2nd large divider which I put to use to separate the soft box.
    Glad I could help. I don’t think I’ve ever bought any Tenba cases/bags before. I’ve mostly used PortaBrace, Pelican, Petrol and Kata for most of my gear(The latter two no longer exist. Gobbled up by Vitec and dissolved with Petrol rebranded as Sachtler and cut down to only a handful of models). But the Tenba case seems really well made. I wish it had a shoulder strap, but it’s not the end of the world.

I’m actually thinking about contacting them to ask if they do any custom work/modifications. I want a soft rigid case that I can fit my two 2x1 Gemini’s in together. The dimensions for their case for the SkyPanel S60 don’t quite work for two. But I have a feeling I’ll end up using PortaBrace, though. They do custom work and have done custom work for me in the past. But I’ll let y’all know in case anyone else is interested.

Check out the Cineluxe series...some extremely well thought out and executed bags. I just bought the Cineluxe Roller 24 and Cineluxe Shoulder Bag 21 High for our Weapons
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Peng View Post
    It will shut down if the battery can't keep up with the amperage draw. Running off my gold mount PAGLinks, each battery can output up to 10A. That's not enough for the Gemini beyond ~50% output for more than a few seconds (take the actual percentage with a pinch of salt as I haven't done any real testing to figure out the exact number). But when I link up two batteries, they can output 12A and from what I can tell that's enough for the Gemini at all output levels.
    Did some tests so I thought I'd update:

1x 150wH PAGLink (10A output):
    Max sustained output at 5600K: 81%
    Although above 54.6%, I do get a red LED light that blinks by the power switch. Not sure if it's warning about low voltage or something?

2x 150wH PAGLink linked together (12A output):
    Can hit 100% output no problem
    The combined 300wH gives a run time of 1h 42m

Some Hypercore XL's might be good to pick up since those can deliver 15A. Helix's sound good too but would need an extra mounting plate to take advantage of the 6A @ 28V.

It will shut down if the battery can't keep up with the amperage draw. Running off my gold mount PAGLinks, each battery can output up to 10A. That's not enough for the Gemini beyond ~50% output for more than a few seconds (take the actual percentage with a pinch of salt as I haven't done any real testing to figure out the exact number). But when I link up two batteries, they can output 12A and from what I can tell that's enough for the Gemini at all output levels.
    I have tried running my REDBRICKS (150Wh) on mine and it just shuts off right away with fully charged bricks. Does this sound like normal operation?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Smucker View Post
    I have tried running my REDBRICKS (150Wh) on mine and it just shuts off right away with fully charged bricks. Does this sound like normal operation?
    Try running it on house power, set dim level to something really low like 2%, turn off. Then running off the REDBRICK and turning it back on. Does that allow you to turn it on at all?

Try running it on house power, set dim level to something really low like 2%, turn off. Then running off the REDBRICK and turning it back on. Does that allow you to turn it on at all?
    Yes, I was able to get it on this way. So I guess my question is what batteries do I need if these aren’t going to work? When I turn the intensity back up it just shuts off again. I’m also seeing the battery status on the light is just 00. To a there a specific type of battery that will send data?

Yes, I was able to get it on this way. So I guess my question is what batteries do I need if these arenít going to work? When I turn the intensity back up it just shuts off again. Iím also seeing the battery status on the light is just 00. To a there a specific type of battery that will send data?
    How old are the batteries?
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV

Yes, I was able to get it on this way. So I guess my question is what batteries do I need if these aren’t going to work? When I turn the intensity back up it just shuts off again. I’m also seeing the battery status on the light is just 00. To a there a specific type of battery that will send data?
    Any batteries that are rated for sustained 12A output or more will do the trick. I couldn't find amperage output on the REDBRICKs.

The Core Hypercores will work great since they support 12A. The Hypercore XL output 15A!

Also, it looks like the Anton Bauer Cine line also support 12A.

And as mentioned earlier, PAGLinks work if you link two or more of them together.

Any batteries that are rated for sustained 12A output or more will do the trick. I couldn't find amperage output on the REDBRICKs.

The Core Hypercores will work great since they support 12A. The Hypercore XL output 15A!

Also, it looks like the Anton Bauer Cine line also support 12A.

And as mentioned earlier, PAGLinks work if you link two or more of them together.
    The REDBRICKS are 14.8V, 10.4ah. I wish they would have specified it has to be at least 12A as none of my batteries are 12A. On the product description it only specifies 14.4v

"The Litepanels Battery Bracket V-Mount for Gemini 1x1 LED Panels allows the light to run on optional 14.4V V-mount batteries when AC power is unavailable."