Thread: GROUP BUY - Litepanels Gemini 2X1 and 1X1

Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    I purchased a couple more of these off Adorama's website last week - for a price that was possibly better than our group buy price - and the snapgrids showed up immediately the same day as the lights. Why have my snapgrids and softboxes still not shipped from this group buy if they are shipping with regular online orders today?
    Rentals + Production
    Arri + RED + Canon + Sony
    Kowa + Angenieux + Atlas + Cooke + Zeiss
    CAMERAJACK.TV

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Allred View Post
    I purchased a couple more of these off Adorama's website last week - for a price that was possibly better than our group buy price - and the snapgrids showed up immediately the same day as the lights. Why have my snapgrids and softboxes still not shipped from this group buy if they are shipping with regular online orders today?
    Probably the way everything was allocated/packaged. This recent sale, I'm presuming, was a package from Litepanels/Vitec, because B&H was running the exact same deal/rebate. So I'm presuming there was a grid and battery plate for each light already paired.

I ran into something similar last year when the Flowtech 100's came out. I ordered early with my dealer and when they started shipping, they were all head/leg combo packages going out. Sachtler/Vitec wanted to sell combo packages before 'just legs'(stupid to me, because most people were probably like me and just pairing the new legs with existing heads). I had to apply some gentle pressure to my rep, who applied some pressure to their warehouse to "break" a package so that I could get my legs, because they didn't have any "singles", they were all allocated to go with heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Allred View Post
    At least in the case of the grid, it's a different product. I saw the same deal, and reached out to cancel my existing GB grid order with Adorama that hadn't shipped to purchase it from someone who was buying the kit and didn't want theirs. I was informed that the kit grid attaches directly to the light, and the GB grid I ordered attaches to the bag.

Was told the pricing I saw was a "price mistake", but it sounds like people were still able to purchase at that price, so great deal for them!

Thanks for the info David!
    Rentals + Production
    CAMERAJACK.TV

Hey everyone, sorry I've been kinda off the grid for a few months working on some projects and traveling. Is there anyone who still hasn't received their aks from the first group buy?

And yes, the parts that were part of the recent flash sale were NOT the same aks that were part of the GB. The snapgrid that was a part of the package deal here attaches to the SNAPBAG, and the grid that was part of the flash deal attaches directly to the unit itself, so you cannot put the diffusion on first. I know it's a bit confusing but hopefully that helps explain it a bit.

Let me follow up with Vitec. Will update when I hear back.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Be in touch soon.

TW
    Last edited by Travis Wears; 10-08-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Update: Spoke to LP and the rest of the AKS are due to ship soon. Appreciate your patience and sorry for any delay!

TW
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Thanks for stepping in Travis,
    I used my (6) gemini's on a 3-person "roundtable" discussion scene today and they were great! I used "tungsten" overhead keys, (2) 3% alternating "fireplace" effect unit, and "moonlight" all from the Gemini's. The missing softboxes and grids were a huge disappointment but I made up for it by renting 2x3 silks and snapgrids on my dime. Really looking forward to these orders being completed so we can enjoy paying them back instead of paying for rentals!
    Rentals + Production
    CAMERAJACK.TV