Thread: DaVinci Resolve 16 Public Beta 5 Now Available

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 DaVinci Resolve 16 Public Beta 5 Now Available 
    From Peter Chamberlain...

With thanks to everyone who has participated in the public beta program, today we are pleased to announce that DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio beta 5 and Fusion 16 Studio beta 5 are now available on our support web site. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion

We believe this release candidate is ready for you to migrate to and so we strongly encourage all beta users to update to this beta version as we move closer to GM.

For users moving from v15, please back up your database, make drp's of your active projects and restore the DB in preparation for the version upgrade as you can not go back to v15 with a v16 DB.

DaVinci Resolve beta 5 readme

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/v...p?f=21&t=94157

DaVinci Resolve 16 Public Beta 5 downloads

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/

Ah, when will we se the new gpu acceleration on r3d from rcx pro?? Perhaps it was enough features to get right before adding more in 16 but I thought we would have it by know!! Sorry, want this so bad.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Joel,

It took a while for the IPP2 support that's currently present in Resolve now to exist, some even now may still think the support could be better.

Good point, the ipp2 took for ever to get it right! Wonder wich nle that will have its first go at it. How are you feeling the beta runs? Is it still slower less responsive compared to 15 or is it now the same as 15 or even faster?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    Ah, when will we se the new gpu acceleration on r3d from rcx pro?? Perhaps it was enough features to get right before adding more in 16 but I thought we would have it by know!! Sorry, want this so bad.
    This is the release candidate, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say not in the first release build.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    I agree that it would be great to see asap but I really want them to get this right and it seems like a significant strategy and execution challenge. Resolve is completely GPU dependant for everything it does out side of codec work. Shifting a memory and clock resource hogging decode to GPU is potentially crippling. I suspect it will take time to get right and I hope they effectively communicate to us what is needed... for example:

Will we need an additional GPU just for r3d decoding?
    If we install an additional GPU will it work in Parallel or feed in series?
    What configurations will effectively support the chosen path?

I hope that there is a way to either get the red SDK memory needs down to a min or the cards can be made to work in series.... as I donít fancy having to buy a RTX 6000/8000 just so I donít run out of memory when applying TNR!

The 1st IPP2 support was difficult and user mistake inducing ... I am still not delighted with the way to works but hey it is workable but the difference is GPU dewavlet support could, if badly implemented, really cripple any machine so I do hope they take a measured and long term strategy considered development approach.
    Michael Lindsay

my studio Instagram

I must say, R16-beta has been a joy. I'm still using RR-X over ZTB3 and an iMacPro with Vega64 GPU. It's very tolerable. Looking forward to using all the functionality of R16 with all the performance of the upcoming MacPro (or a shiny new non-Mac I'd Apple's pricing is just too stupid).
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Joel,

I think Resolve 16, IMHO, has improved my performance with my existing machine. Plus I think there are more ways both stated and hidden to improve the performance of Resolve. And like Aaron stated above, since we're still in the beta stage of Resolve 16, I wouldn't expect the improved R3d GPU performance until atleast a couple of updates after the final Release version of Resolve 16.

Does anyone know about the collaborative tools in resolve 16? I am interested in team members being able to access the project over the internet for remote edit and grading sessions. I am wondering if it is possible and what the complications are.

Dan,

Try this YouTube Page of links to Frame.io, the Intergrated App you are referring to that allows for collaboration between two or more people.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...esolve+franeio