Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: A request of the RED mini

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    It was announced at NAB and at the FCP Users Group Supermeet

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...cket#post32153

Scott Hulan Jones
    Jones Cinema Arts
    www.jonescinemaarts.com

Quote Originally Posted by adaml View Post
    I don't see how you're going to get a full-sized sensor and PL mount in a tiny package. I'm guessing the sensor will be the 2k portion of the Mysterium, and it will use 16mm lenses.
    That would be an ideal product and something that I would be very excited about.

how about a camera that took away all the stuff other than PL, Lens, and the ability to shoot Redcode RAW? Take away all the post processing to output different formats and I think it'd be getting a whole lot smaller. Optional EVF or monitor as is now on the RedOne

(always think of the movie The Big Red One every time I type the camera's name )
    Dale McCready
    cinematographer
    DP BBC's "Atlantis", "Merlin", "Dr Who"

www.dalemccready.com
    NZCS Member www.nzcine.com
    ACS Member (NSW branch) ACS

Adam. When you say " I don't see how your going to get a full-sized sensor in a tiny package" would that mean you have built a camera and could not make the sensor fit?

gotta keep it 4K.
    -A
    Alex Viarnes
    Poi Boy Productions

My hope for the RED pocket-camera is a 4k Redcode RAW recording VX-2000/FX1 hand-held body style that would have a removeable Red-drive, XLR audio, an integrated lens, 2-stage ND filter, Auto-focus, shot programming function of the FX1/Z1, integrated LCD display, and a waveform view available via the LCD (why hasn't anyone done this yet? Zebras are great but why not just look at the whole waveform?) I can live without an integrated lens but I think they camera should have some kind of glass that comes with it. There are times that in terms of ease of use, I'd much rather have an XH-A1 than XL-H1.

As much as I hate sony, you have to give them credit for creating the form factor for the VX-1000 and VX-2000 that has opened up this area of videography. I'm sure RED can REVolutionize it!

It would be nice to get a few more details from someone, I am considering buying an hvx but hell if red mini is coming out I can wait!

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    It would be nice to get a few more details from someone, I am considering buying an hvx but hell if red mini is coming out I can wait!
    This is my dilemma as well. I'm on the verge of shelling out 10-20k for a full HD package. A Red One is out of my range, but perhaps the Red Pocket will be within.

That said, my main concerns are:

1) Variable frame rate (up to 60 at least)
    2) The most important: Being able to attach my Nikon lenses. I really don't want to keep using this 35mm adapter to achieve a short DoF. Which in the end, for me at least, is the deciding factor to making video look like film and less like video.

If it's coming out within a year, I'll wait and continue to rent for my HD needs. Please, Red... tell us if the Pocket Red will come out within the next year. Purty please? With sugar on top? :clown2:

Quote Originally Posted by obin View Post
    Adam. When you say " I don't see how your going to get a full-sized sensor in a tiny package" would that mean you have built a camera and could not make the sensor fit?
    No, if I meant that I would have said "I built a camera and could not make the sensor fit." When you put quotation marks around a misquotation of what I said, is that because my actual words wouldn't fit? For starters, a PL mount isn't pocket-sized, nor are any PL lenses that I've seen.

I don't mean to be a smartass but that post was kind of asking for it.

10. #20 Professional Compact Camera 
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheeler View Post
    Just curious, since I couldn't find it through a search, where did they originally mention the "pocket" version? Just wanted to see what the red team said about it to get this started.
    My internet research uncovered "pocket" as an earlier quote and/or misprint. Ted and other RED Team members were quick to annunciate "compact" in all the following interviews and statements.

Professional Compact Camera