Thread: Stranger Things 3

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Julen De La Serna View Post
    I've seen the entire season without seeing anything, have you got some frames of the pixels?
    i also watched it and haven't seen any pixels. but I watched in in HD, since there is no UHD available for me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by M Most View Post
    "Someone?"

This show has had a "film treatment" applied since the beginning. The colorist is Skip Kimball, who has done the entire series, and he customizes that film treatment, sometimes on a scene by scene basis. Those effects are all by request of the producers, who are using such things to help to invoke the period nature of the story (in the case of the third season, it's 1985). It is not a "mistake", an "accident" or anything else other than a deliberate attempt to enhance the story being told.

I really don't understand why people here seem to feel a need to imply incompetence on the part of those creating shows rather than finding out why things look the way they look and accepting the results as a creative choice. Personally, the only thing I've seen (based on the first episode, the only one I've watched so far) that I would question is the brightness of the titles in the HDR version (a bit bright for my taste). But that wouldn't be a colorist's choice as the titles are usually composited by the conform/online editor.
    So what's your take on the Starbucks cup in game of thrones? Those creating these shows are people.. people can make mistakes. Debating mistake or creative choice is the exact point of this forum.

Without going to spoilers, never expected terminator, 80’ies horror and certain Romero literal references. Loved every campy (intentional) moment of it!
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

I watched it in UHD, no dead pixels. Can you tell us exactly what episode and moment you saw it? I personally love the film grain.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that those stuck pixels are actually a result of streaming and/or consumer hardware.
    There are way too many steps between filming and final stream delivery for there to be a definitive answer on stuck pixels.

Stranger Things once again pushes red to its very limits in terms of how phenomenal the footage looks. I watched in UHD and didn't notice any stuck pixels. Im a colorist and would have noticed that immediately. The only thing I noticed was one or two spots where the color keys had a bit of noise in them when the lights started moving and could see the color/exposure difference.

With so many cast members in many of the medium and wide shots the VV format showed it's strengths. To me, the geometry looked more "normal" and characters near the edge of the frame showed very little distortion. Credit to the Thalia's as well.

Cheers - #19

Also saw it un UHD and no dead pixels or anything of the sort by the way. Special praise to the CGI and effects team. Everything looks seamless and stunning. This is a TV stream show, and the effects are A grade, big screen stuff. This series deserve a big screen showing, and it would look better than many big budget summer blockbusters. Well done.
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

Also no dead pixels.

Ensure the cap on the bleach is securely tightened during the warm summer when watching anything :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Just saw first 4 episodes, Monstro with Thalias looks great together! Didn't see any dead pixels either. Phil, don't forget about those improperly sealed paint cans as well. ;)