Thread: Anyone else having Premiere freeze or crash as often as me?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Anyone else having Premiere freeze or crash as often as me? 
    So I just put a video out about why I'm in the process of leaving Premiere, for resolve.
    One R3d focussed issue is that now whenever I try to 'auto set white balance' in the metadata Adobe freezes. On any hard drive, and any shot.

Literally just after posting this I'm now finding everytime I try to export a still frame (just a jpeg) from the timeline, if I click browse... the whole thing freezes.

I'm in the process of seeing if I can totally, or partially leave Adobe... mainly due to its instability and IMO not consumer friendly business model.

Anyone else in the same boat? Have you left Premiere or Adobe entirely? I've been with the software for over 15 years so it's kind of crazy to be trying to move on after all this time... but I'm loving Resolve (as an editor) the more I use it.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. We edit a ton of multistream 8k monstro and rarely if ever have crashes. Have not used auto white balance though. Still frame export no problem.

Yes. I just moved over to Resolve, fully.
    Aaron Green - Chicago, IL
    DRAGON X
    www.instagram.com/aaronkgreen

Watched the video.

Sounds like you're dealing with the same issues as a lot of other current and former Adobe customers are, in terms of the business model and the software itself.

The project-by-project renting of After Effects sounds like a practical solution, if not an actual way of gradually leaving it behind altogether.

I don't know enough about it myself, maybe some of the experts here can address the viability of Fusion as an After Effects alternative.

Also wondering if it's possible for you to go back and install an older pre-subscription version of After Effects that you bought, or are there features of the later versions that you need?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. We edit a ton of multistream 8k monstro and rarely if ever have crashes. Have not used auto white balance though. Still frame export no problem.
    WOW. Thanks for the info on still frame exports. Do you auto update premiere? How careful are you with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Green View Post
    Yes. I just moved over to Resolve, fully.
    Aaron, how long were you with Premiere for? Do you use AE or photoshop? Any Adobe at all? How are you finding Resolve? What were your biggest challenges at the start? Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Les Hillis View Post
    Watched the video.

Sounds like you're dealing with the same issues as a lot of other current and former Adobe customers are, in terms of the business model and the software itself.

The project-by-project renting of After Effects sounds like a practical solution, if not an actual way of gradually leaving it behind altogether.

I don't know enough about it myself, maybe some of the experts here can address the viability of Fusion as an After Effects alternative.

Also wondering if it's possible for you to go back and install an older pre-subscription version of After Effects that you bought, or are there features of the later versions that you need?
    Hey Les, Yeah sounds like there's quite a number of people who are either thinking of or have partially or fully jumped ship for varying reasons. Think the big one is reliability. I'd also really LOVE to hear from anyone who's say gotten into Fusion after having more of an AE background.

As for AE (which I find much more stable than Premiere Pro) at the moment I'm in the middle of a short with a scene with heaps of rotoscoping. And the rotoscoping tool in AE is BRILLIANT IMO. Don't know if there's anything that can do that in Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Butler View Post
    WOW. Thanks for the info on still frame exports. Do you auto update premiere? How careful are you with that?
    I don't auto-update but do update pretty soon after new versions are released unless i hear of any major issues.

Using windows 10, xeon cpus, nvidia, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    I don't auto-update but do update pretty soon after new versions are released unless i hear of any major issues.

Using windows 10, xeon cpus, nvidia, etc.
    Yeah I have a 1080ti intel CPU windows 10... Similar on the updates but I just still have to deal with general crashes everyday. Haven't had that with Resolve (on the same system) + smoother playback.

Dean,

Here's a thread of good quality Davinci Resolve 16 tutorials from Youtube.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...esolve-16-Beta

and

Here are two "Professional Level" training courses from Lowepost that can easily help you make the transition from Premiere Pro if you choose to.

Editing in DaVinci Resolve 16

https://lowepost.com/finishing/cours...esolve-16-r21/

Fusion Essential Training

https://lowepost.com/finishing/cours...l-training-r5/
    Last edited by rand thompson; 07-10-2019 at 11:35 AM.