Thread: Anyone else having Premiere freeze or crash as often as me?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    DJ,

Here's a thread of good quality Davinci Resolve 16 tutorials from Youtube.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...esolve-16-Beta

and

Here are two "Professional Level" training courses from Lowepost that can easily help you make the transition from Premiere Pro if you choose to.

Editing in DaVinci Resolve 16

https://lowepost.com/finishing/cours...esolve-16-r21/

Fusion Essential Training

https://lowepost.com/finishing/cours...l-training-r5/

Rand, very grateful. Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Butler View Post
    Yeah I have a 1080ti intel CPU windows 10... Similar on the updates but I just still have to deal with general crashes everyday. Haven't had that with Resolve (on the same system) + smoother playback.
    Have you checked on GPU-z if you are running out of VRAM ? That can happen with premiere and red footage.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    Have you checked on GPU-z if you are running out of VRAM ? That can happen with premiere and red footage.
    Not just with red footage.

You're welcome Dean!

Ive been using AE since COSA days.
    Fusion since Eyeon/Maya.
    Not really the same kind of app from what use AE for which is mostly Motion design.
    Fusion being a nodal system, there are some things that take too long to achieve when animating masks.

IMHO of course.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

I too am very frustrated with Adobe and Premiere. Been using Premiere for 20 years. I mostly prefer to work in CS6. So many issues and things that annoy me in Premiere CC. Sluggish, and sticky clip movements, edits that still work like butter on the same machine in CS6. CC and the subscription model has not been good for the enduser. Adobe has no reason to fix bugs or innovate. That saying, Resolve has not been a great replacement so far. Playback is still much better in Premiere and that is very important to me when editing. The new Nvidia partnership with RED may change the playback performance soon hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    DH Meyer, I'm not familiar with GPU-z. Can you explain a little more and I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Santiago View Post
    Ive been using AE since COSA days.
    Fusion since Eyeon/Maya.
    Not really the same kind of app from what use AE for which is mostly Motion design.
    Fusion being a nodal system, there are some things that take too long to achieve when animating masks.

IMHO of course.
    Hey Eric, yeah that's been my general perception (without any experience with Fusion). The main reason I don't know that I can go totally cold Turkey on Adobe... Not Premiere, not photoshop. After Effects... Especially because we work with Agencies and large companies that share AE graphic sequences with us from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sims View Post
    The new Nvidia partnership with RED may change the playback performance soon hopefully.
    I hear you. I wonder when Resolve and Premiere will implement the new SDK? I wonder if Blackmagic would be less motivated if they just wanted to support their blackmagic raw. But something tells me that their competitive philosophy is just to squeeze out the best product they can. Or would focussing on supporting their own proprietary codec be a way to try to boost BMD camera market share?
    I now have real time 5k FF playback in Red Cine-x with a 1080ti. Would love to see that move into the editors ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Butler View Post
    DH Meyer, I'm not familiar with GPU-z. Can you explain a little more and I'll check it out.
    It's just a little freeware utility that will show you GPU usage and VRAM usage in real time.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

You may also want to try the nvidia studio driver which should give you the best results in Adobe.

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/147971