Thread: Was Jinnimag Thread Removed?

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    Could also just still be waiting for replies to his various forum posts across the internet soliciting help from people who know what they are doing. I imagine crafting all those pseudonyms and pretenses takes time.
    Jinni mags already work, when fitted with the same mSATA SSD's as the mini mags. I have no idea what the status is of the JinniBay, it shouldn't be that hard to fool a camera with an Eeprom, flash and a cheap ARM cpu.

2. #122 Innovators, artists and creators 
    Let's break all this down a bit. Put aside the Jinni v RED case for a hot minute and go deeper. The core issues surrounding IP/patent protection are problematic to say the least.

Media production work creates intellectual property. Engineering often creates intellectual property. No IP protection = less gigs/lower pay as once a product/design has been pirated, the value is lost. To be clear, I am an advocate for a rational, functional system to administrate IP disputes. Sadly, instead, we have a paradise for lawyers and ample opportunity for the larger party to wield their economic clout (huge legal teams, pressure on vendors/customers, political graft) to prevail regardless of the merits. Why dive into this on a tech forum - because this is the industry we work in and it's economics impact the entire ecosystem - including RedUsers.

I stand with the innovators, artists and creators - in whatever field. Stepping off soapbox now...

Cheers - #19

(Stipulation - Yes, there are some horrible abuses of artists via corporate thuggery that shock the conscience, but using that as justification won't advance the discussion. An off topic thread entitled - the worst screw job ever - full of great "war" stories would likely be a great read, but my focus is on systemic reforms.)

It is well known, that majority of Chinese citizens believes, that IP actually hinders innovation. Like it or not, that's how it works in the Chinese society and that is why any and all innovative products coming out of USA and Europe are immediately copied without any repercussion, protected by the Chinese government. Even the biggest of the big corporate giants, including Google and Apple must come and kiss the ring of the Chinese communist party, if they want to operate in China.
    So, if one side is spending billions on R&D only to be undersold by the cheap Chinese knockoffs protected by the government of China, nothing will change...
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

Quote Originally Posted by jake blackstone View Post
    It is well known, that majority of Chinese citizens believes, that IP actually hinders innovation. Like it or not, that's how it works in the Chinese society and that is why any and all innovative products coming out of USA and Europe are immediately copied without any repercussion, protected by the Chinese government. Even the biggest of the big corporate giants, including Google and Apple must come and kiss the ring of the Chinese communist party, if they want to operate in China.
    So, if one side is spending billions on R&D only to be undersold by the cheap Chinese knockoffs protected by the government of China, nothing will change...
    The same happens all over the world https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/t...ense-fees.html on all sides. No one is forcing anyone to trade or produce in China or in any other country. For the corporate giants it's just bonusses and share holders value first, second, third, etc..., that's one of the reasons they invest heavily in creative AI and do everything as a service.

"Intellectual property" in a literal sense philosophically interpreted is a complete nonsense. Divorced from reason.

It is a trading legislation terminology attempting to prevent ethical retards from abusing other's achievements for selfish gains and pathology of an egocentric society from feeding of itself. Unsucessfully though, because Age of Idiocy. The more idiotic and dissociated society is, the more laws one needs to enforce to constrain the specifics of reocurring irrationality and endless branches constantly growing from same roots.

Meanwhile, there are corporatosauruses draining resources and putting them on a pile while self absorbed masses with distorted perception of value are "entertained" (hypnotized) into a state of endulged idiocy and fantasia of separation.

Tell me, Jake....would it be possible for Chinese company to make the same product cheaper if manufacturing cost (resources/wages, etc) were the same ? Why aren't they ?

How come Apple and other corporations don't manufacture everything in their countries of origin, paying local wages and infrastructure and re-fueling local economy ? What has propagated this state of mind ? Bad bad Chinese people/government forced themselves on poor westerners with altruistic desires ?
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    "Intellectual property" in a literal sense philosophically interpreted is a complete nonsense. Divorced from reason.

It is a trading legislation terminology attempting to prevent ethical retards from abusing other's achievements for selfish gains and pathology of an egocentric society from feeding of itself. Unsucessfully though, because Age of Idiocy. The more idiotic and dissociated society is, the more laws one needs to enforce to constrain the specifics of reocurring irrationality and endless branches constantly growing from same roots.

Meanwhile, there are corporatosauruses draining resources and putting them on a pile while self absorbed masses with distorted perception of value are "entertained" (hypnotized) into a state of endulged idiocy and fantasia of separation.
    I recognize that english is not your first language, and I am certain that I would have great difficulty mastering yours, but I cannot help that there is a little bit of intellectual snobbism in these somewhat convoluted phrases. I believe that intellectual property is an important concept, that it is not just about ethical retards and idiotic societies. I have also seen copies that were better than their originals (a japanese Les Paul copy from the 70's is more prized today for it's sound than the guitar it was copied from).

Innovation is almost always the extension of someone else's thinking, but the commoditization of that innovation is where things get sticky. That is where recognition has monetary consequences. I think patent laws are actually the bridge between innovation and commoditization. The real issue is that until there is a universally respected "patent office", the national agenda of many countries to stay ahead of the curve in terms of innovation and commoditization will trump any specific company's rightful claim of controlling it's products commercialization. So really the best any company can do is build into it's model the inevitability of it's products eventually being copied somewhere else.

Lastly, and I think this is an important distinction, many chinese copies actually only replicate the exterior, the look of a successful product, but they do not function nearly as well as the original. This may be do to the cheapness of the materials used or missing elements, but ultimately I think many people do know that they are probably buying an inferior product compared to the original and they accept that. Sometimes they get lucky, sometimes they don't.

Tell me, Jake....would it be possible for Chinese company to make the same product cheaper if manufacturing cost (resources/wages, etc) were the same ? Why aren't they ?
    ?
    It's a silly question. Without taking into an account the lack of needed infrastructure, all other aspects are pretty meaningless.
    Apple was having difficulties assembling the only product made in USA- the MacPro computers, because, among many other difficulties they encountered trying to do it in USA, is they couldn't find a reliable supplier of screws, regardless of price.
    Read it yourself:
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/28/1...ade-in-america
    And not having to invest vast sums of money for R&D by Chinese manufacturers is just an icing on the cake.
    Also, suicide nets are pretty cheap these days...
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanad.../#316883bcd479
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

1qq

How come Apple and other corporations don't manufacture everything in their countries of origin, paying local wages and infrastructure and re-fueling local economy ? What has propagated this state of mind ? Bad bad Chinese people/government forced themselves on poor westerners with altruistic desires ?
    Yes, you can thank Mr Kissinger and his financial friends in 50s for that.
    Anyway, video from Jinnimag is quite self explanatory. . . and funny ��.

It's a silly question. Without taking into an account the lack of needed infrastructure, all other aspects are pretty meaningless.
    Apple was having difficulties assembling the only product made in USA- the MacPro computers, because, among many other difficulties they encountered trying to do it in USA, is they couldn't find a reliable supplier of screws, regardless of price.
    Read it yourself:
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/28/1...ade-in-america
    And not having to invest vast sums of money for R&D by Chinese manufacturers is just an icing on the cake.
    Also, suicide nets are pretty cheap these days...
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanad.../#316883bcd479

Are you dreaming. It ia ALL about profit margins. We can get men on the moon (THX to Von Braun) but hey we can not assemble Mr IPhone.
    What Joke thinking is this. Profit Margin....understand?.