Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 274 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2735
    Quote Originally Posted by yann LHENORET View Post
    I was not clear, sorry. My point is what’s the point of being able to hot swap the batteries if you only have 1H or 2H of recording time in 6K. And are unable to swap CFast too!
    There must be a better reason, I’m sure.
    My camera can be on set all day and sometimes only shoot a few minutes. Depends on what you're shooting.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by yann LHENORET View Post
    I was not clear, sorry. My point is: what’s the logic of being able to hot swap the batteries to film for hours and hours (concert, documentary, sports...) if you only have 1H or 2H of recording time in 6K. And have to stop recording from time to time because you are unable to swap CFast too!
    There must be a better reason, I’m sure.

Anyway I would have positioned the battery slots horizontally rather than vertically, for the camera to stay balanced when, on a gimbale, only one battery is needed.

Because you don't want to have to power cycle the camera just as the director is saying "Ok lets shoot this and your saying just a min I just changed batteries and need to wait until the camera powers up." Or the sun is dropping and your low on batteries on the drone and you just land and swap them out one at a time hot swap and take off and get that amazing sunset, instead of landing powering down or being down due to no battery left and then powering up after the change out and watching the last bit of the orange ball drop just before you take off.
    Or you have had the camera up for a long time just to make sure everyone is seeing the shot and then your ready to go for the big car crash shot and you think I don't have time to change batteries but they are kind of low and maybe we will go any second and you think Hey I can hot swap with out having to power down the camera and you put on fresh batteries and have the most amazing shot of the car crashing or blowing up or what ever and you didn't have to wait and find out later that the camera ran out of batteries. Or the entire production is waiting for you to power cycle the camera after a battery change.

Thats why you need hot swap and 2 batteries.
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

There is a DC power port for other external battery systems too. But the BP’s are IMO a brilliant low cost solution that fits well with the compact design. Plenty of capacity in the larger sizes.
    Of course I already have a bag full of them for my old Canon camcorder.
    In fact there are several design elements to Komodo that make it possible to reduce the total cost of a shooting kit compared to getting into a DSMC system: the smart phone interface, off the shelf media, readily adaptable lens mount, SDI output.
    If we already have kit assembled for other cameras, much of that could be reused with Komodo.

Komodo looks like a very interesting product, can't wait to see the announcement. I do hope they squeeze out a few more frames, up to 48/50 at 6k so it can take on some of the competing brands such as BM pocket and z cam. I know a camera is more than just specs but I could really use that full sensor 50 frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Oerbekke View Post
    Komodo looks like a very interesting product, can't wait to see the announcement. I do hope they squeeze out a few more frames, up to 48/50 at 6k so it can take on some of the competing brands such as BM pocket and z cam. I know a camera is more than just specs but I could really use that full sensor 50 frames.
    Would you be fine with 5.7K 50fps?

At this point I'm really just waiting for some footage and pricing for a ready to shoot package.

Quote Originally Posted by James Sielaff View Post
    Would you be fine with 5.7K 50fps?
    Yeah that sounds fine to me. The crop extra crop would still be small and the resolution still high enough to match 6k if needed. I don't have all the details on hand but are you suggesting that the crop from widescreen is big enough to get a 16:9 5.7k image?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Fill View Post
    Because you don't want to have to power cycle the camera just as the director is saying "Ok lets shoot this and your saying just a min I just changed batteries and need to wait until the camera powers up." Or the sun is dropping and your low on batteries on the drone and you just land and swap them out one at a time hot swap and take off and get that amazing sunset, instead of landing powering down or being down due to no battery left and then powering up after the change out and watching the last bit of the orange ball drop just before you take off.
    Or you have had the camera up for a long time just to make sure everyone is seeing the shot and then your ready to go for the big car crash shot and you think I don't have time to change batteries but they are kind of low and maybe we will go any second and you think Hey I can hot swap with out having to power down the camera and you put on fresh batteries and have the most amazing shot of the car crashing or blowing up or what ever and you didn't have to wait and find out later that the camera ran out of batteries. Or the entire production is waiting for you to power cycle the camera after a battery change.

Thats why you need hot swap and 2 batteries.
    I totally agree on that, I didn't realize the freedom it offered.
    Hope the UI will offer better indication of batt level than just a four segment icon...
    🧠+👁️+👂🏼+📹=...
    Documentary shaper, "that guy...".
    https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1523882/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Oerbekke View Post
    Yeah that sounds fine to me. The crop extra crop would still be small and the resolution still high enough to match 6k if needed. I don't have all the details on hand but are you suggesting that the crop from widescreen is big enough to get a 16:9 5.7k image?
    We only know frame rates for what Jarred posted for his Stormtrooper Komodo. We don't know what the actual size of the sensor is and therefore what crop factors will be for lower resolution modes, nor do we know precisely what lower resolution modes and frame rates will be. Is full frame 3:2 or 16:9? Is WS 2:1 or 2.4:1?

You should be good then. Pretty safe to say after beating on the stormtrooper all day today you can expect full sensor 6k 40fps, 6k WS @ 50fps. Which means 4k @60fps shouldn't be a problem, but I have not actually tested that yet. And yes, that's all in global shutter mode.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    We only know frame rates for what Jarred posted for his Stormtrooper Komodo. We don't know what the actual size of the sensor is and therefore what crop factors will be for lower resolution modes, nor do we know precisely what lower resolution modes and frame rates will be. Is full frame 3:2 or 16:9? Is WS 2:1 or 2.4:1?
    You don't need to fear the crop factor like you did with Raven or (black magic 6k or the Z2 6k ) and the other "smaller" s35 sensors... Komodo has a whole new pixel remember and the physical sensor is much wider than all of those, 27.03mm x 14.25mm. So if you do need to crop to get to where you need to go, you are starting with much more width to get there which will be kinder to your optics.