Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 274 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2735
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Close... 6144 x 3240
    You don't need to fear the crop factor like you did with Raven or (black magic 6k or the Z2 6k ) and the other "smaller" s35 sensors... Komodo has a whole new pixel remember and the physical sensor is much wider than all of those, 27.03mm x 14.25mm. So if you do need to crop to get to where you need to go, you are starting with much more width to get there which will be kinder to your optics.
    Here's a good way to visualize Komodo's sensor size now that Jarred's dropped those details.

Komodo 6K compared to Dragon-X 5K S35:
    http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...rmatB=5K%20FF&

Here's Komodo 6K compared to Monstro 8K VV at 5.5K FF:
    http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...&focalLengths=

And relevant to the film formats, here is Komodo 6K compared to Super 35mm 3-perf:

What you get with Komodo 6K is as Super 35mm Plus format size (wider) that is slightly larger than Dragon/Monstro at 5K FF format/resolution, slightly smaller than both of those in 5.5K FF.

Interesting stuff. When I was filming mainly on Dragon 6K (all the stuff I shot for Absolut, BMW, Sharp, etc) I was using 5.5K FF as the main format as the general image circle for S35 lenses was/is designed around the typical spec for S35 4-perf. Komodo kinda lives in there.

So glass-wise, you can use whatever you want on it when it comes to larger format coverage, but S35-wise and APS-C or whatever you can put some really small glass on there.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    So to clarify: No to wireless monitoring via phone, yes to wired monitoring via USB cradle+phone?
    As I said before, I am not going to conform specs until I am actually holding it in my hands and it's working :)

That is how this peek behind the curtain needs to work, It's the best way, really the only way, to separate dreams from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Here's a good way to visualize Komodo's sensor size now that Jarred's dropped those details.

And relevant to the film formats, here is Komodo 6K compared to Super 35mm 3-perf:

What you get with Komodo 6K is as Super 35mm Plus format size (wider) that is slightly larger than Dragon/Monstro at 5K FF format/resolution, slightly smaller than both of those in 5.5K FF.

Interesting stuff. When I was filming mainly on Dragon 6K (all the stuff I shot for Absolut, BMW, Sharp, etc) I was using 5.5K FF as the main format as the general image circle for S35 lenses was/is designed around the typical spec for S35 4-perf. Komodo kinda lives in there.

So glass-wise, you can use whatever you want on it when it comes to larger format coverage, but S35-wise and APS-C or whatever you can put some really small glass on there.
    This is the perfect size/resolution for S35 in my opinion, very happy to see Red finally land here and hopefully they can put a similar sensor in DSMC2/3. Thanks Jarred, may finally have an upgrade to my Dragon 6K!

As I said before, I am not going to conform specs until I am actually holding it in my hands and it's working :)

That is how this peek behind the curtain needs to work, It's the best way, really the only way, to separate dreams from reality.
    Thanks jarred, understood.

Canon batteries, Redvolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post

Super helpful, thanks Phil!

Plan on adding the Komodo to your format compare soon? I'd love to see what the crop (compared to full-frame, like the C500II) would be shooting at 5K FF and 4K FF on the Komodo will be and how the wider sensor will affect that.

Close... 6144 x 3240
    Even better for my taste. (even I would have like to see a true 2.1:1 sensor ratio as as mentionned by Michael Cioni at NAB and it seemed interesting and since that ratio is my favorite spherical ratio...)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Ooooh, another juicy titbit of update!
    Thanks Jarred!!!

And thanks Phil for adding it to your super extra useful tool for sensor size comparison!!!

Komodo is in my Christmas/Birthday list...
    Now, to reason a bit with anyone that may be watching my expenses, I’ll be gifting me 2 x Komodos for a belated X-mas present and 2 x for my birthday!!! ;p
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE Camera #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

That's not really fair.. Sure, Hydrogen posted some specs before release that suggested the phone could do some sort of monitoring, But there was no denial from me or my team.. I was very clear as soon as the question was asked to me and RED ( camera ) that it would not and never be able to. multiple times. I never said I was testing wired options.. I think that was some h4vuser customers trying those out.
    I was not going for finger pointing... Just trying to get clear what H1 is to Komodo. There were folks here that I’ll call affiliates testing cables well into it... but I’ll not worry about that.... I’d just like to be 100 with what H1 will do with Komodo, I feel like at this point we should be able to stand on what it is and what it’s not. I think the issue with H1 has been messaging and who that is coming from, those gray areas or people with close ties making claims of functionality. So as I understand it H1 will never be a DSMC2 monitor, what specifically will H1 do with Komodo, that no other phone will? Going through this thread has it up up down down LR LR B A start. I’m not casting stones just trying to figure out how Komodo comes together for me.

Thanks
    Last edited by Mestizo Devon; 11-21-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Even better for my taste. (even I would have like to see a true 2.1:1 sensor ratio as as mentionned by Michael Cioni at NAB and it seemed interesting and since that ratio is my favorite spherical ratio...)
    Komodo FF corresponds to the full screen resolution aspect ratio of 2k/4k DCI format projectors.