Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 274 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2735
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    Shoot, I totally read it wrong, my bad. But yeah I'd agree with you that a secondary model with a Z mount would be highly unlikely too. I think E mount would be more appealing to a wider range of lens owners, but even then, I wouldn't see that happening either.
    I have zero interest in the Z mount, personally. Which I guess means... that probably is not going to happen.

Thanks Jarred. Not sure how I missed that.

Edit: just noticed I actually was part of that thread so I must have seen your post, so I guess I owe you an apology.
    Last edited by Robert Hofmeyr; 11-22-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I have zero interest in the Z mount, personally. Which I guess means... that probably is not going to happen.
    oh man. That means another set of lenses for me then.

Same as the DSMC Nikon mount !
    I have one for sale btw guys.

Can we expect silent realtime deadly sharp touchfocusing with the Komodo RF mount ?

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    Thanks Jarred. Not sure how I missed that.

Edit: just noticed I actually was part of that thread so I must have seen your post, so I guess I owe you an apology.
    Don't worry... totally understand.

For what it's worth... My confirmation of it NOT being possible was reposted over on H4Vuser.net as well a good year and half ago.

https://h4vuser.net/t/hydrogen-wont-be-a-monitor/1580/8 So I am not sure why people over there still asking about it as of last week? Maybe people just trying to will it into reality :)

Anyways... moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Don't worry... totally understand.

For what it's worth... My confirmation of it NOT being possible was reposted over on H4Vuser.net as well a good year and half ago.

https://h4vuser.net/t/hydrogen-wont-be-a-monitor/1580/8 So I am not sure why people over there still asking about it as of last week? Maybe people just trying to will it into reality :)

Anyways... moving on.
    Thanks Jarred. Yeah, hope springs eternal.

Moving on... this thing gonna have pre-record or stills mode?

Glass futures.

The hardest part about Nikon is current market presence. It's unfortunately been this way for a long, long while and most recently things like this:
    https://petapixel.com/2019/11/12/nik...as-a-business/

Which also doesn't bode well for the future.

It hurts a whole bunch and I'm a Nikon fan in a big way, but in the space they thrived there was a just a huge gap of not tackling certain things. Namely they needed to make cinema optics ages ago to really play ball.

They make good products, but the competition is fierce and about to get really fierce.

In other news that does relate to Komodo, Sigma is going to announce it's RF Mount plans relatively soon:
    https://petapixel.com/2019/11/20/sig...r-2020-report/

I'm not much of a guessing man, but I would suspect anything they make that is L-Mount will likely also exist in RF Mount shortly.

Now we just need to get Zeiss into the RF mix. Batis launched well before RF Mount was a thing, but those lenses would be wonderful in this mount. Especially if they can work out a contract to utilize the AF tech in their lenses.

Tokina is very cinema focused, which is good, but I'd love to see them in the mix here too.

Wouldn't be shocked in a year or so if Leica/Leitz jumped in on RF either and you can adapt anything M-Mount already to it.

Canon themselves have more RF Mount cameras coming too as well as many more lenses. They are heavily focused on mirrorless at the moment. Nearly all of their new glass efforts will be for RF.

In about 2-5 years and once some of this dust settles, I'm hoping the discussion of a 25mm flange focal distance PL Mount thingy comes back on the table. It will be something that will fit on the two most popular mirrorless mounts by then.

Regular old PL is still very much the standard for a long while to come. EF will still be developed for as well from what I'm told.

There's always going to be some wiggle/waggle frustrations regarding mounts. RED really did the industry a solid with the user replaceable mounts ages ago. Certainly set the used lens market on fire and everybody gobbled up the good Leica glass :)

The bigger questions are some of the weirder larger than FF35 sensors, which position as medium format, but are more or less aren't really in the 645 or larger space. That's a growth area, though a slow growth area.

In reality, just in the last 5 years digital has really truly opened up the format size game into similar arenas to motion picture film. Lots of lovely chatter still about validity of format sizes, even from very intelligent DPs, still lots overlooked in the discussion. S35 very much will be the backbone of our industry for a long while to come. It's still that sweet spot when it comes to the whole ecosystem really in balancing performance and rig size. But really having things like VV and even the A65 have inspired many filmmakers, myself included.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    In other news that does relate to Komodo, Sigma is going to announce it's RF Mount plans relatively soon:
    https://petapixel.com/2019/11/20/sig...r-2020-report/
    Thanks Phil. I hadn't seen that. Been looking at getting a Canon EOS R as a stills camera / backup 4K video in a pinch. While the Canon RF lenses look great (especially that 15-35) budget is pretty limited, so I'll likely have to adapt older Canon EF lenses for now. Nice to know Sigma has plans to produce some more affordable RF lenses.

I wonder if Sigma will put an RF mount on that little FP camera.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bérenger Brillante View Post

Can we expect silent realtime deadly sharp touchfocusing with the Komodo RF mount ?
    Not gonna lie to you.. this is the first time we have made a sensor with PDAF. So I am betting it will take us a few firmwares to get it just right.

Do we know the resolution of the top screen? Looks pretty good from Jarreds photo. I'm wondering if a loupe with mirror/prism can be made so we can use it as a viewfinder.

I quite like using the EpicW as a stills camera but it's too bulky to do that in anything other than controlled environments. So part of me is curious about the use of Komodo for stills too, especially with that shutter. So the pre-record and monitoring are the two areas of interest. Not that it was designed for this but strikes me that some kind of medium format style handling could be doable. I assume the top screen is UI only (maybe wrong) and that monitoring *has* to be external. Also it would be super useful to magnify during record, or at least make the magnification instant! I hope there's enough horsepower in there to do that.

cheers
    Paul
    -------------------
    insta: @paul.inventome