Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 358 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 3580
    Yeah there is already an RF to EF adapter which will make it full frame. So def something I would consider If i would buy a komodo (waiting on prices / IQ / specs)

Ha ! I have a question... But if it has already been answered please forgive me...

Here I go : will Komodo be compatible with the Cooke /i technology ? (obviously via a mount adapter since I don't think this protocol is available on RF mount lenses... yet ?)
    If not, is there similar technology compatible with the camera ?
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by yann LHENORET View Post
    Hi! You should definitely spend 4-5 days readings previous posts! Or simply check out Phil Holland posts about that mater.

Enjoy
    I would get your point if it was a 25 page thread. We're up to 358 pages which means thousands of posts and even when trying to sort Phils through the search I couldn't really find the post mentioning if 0,71 boosting makes sense with the Komodo's sensor size.

It's a simple yes or no answer - if it's that simple and you know it.

If it's not I guess it's worth discussing, there's been another post suggesting interest about this topic in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Eymannsberger View Post
    I would get your point if it was a 25 page thread. We're up to 358 pages which means thousands of posts and even when trying to sort Phils through the search I couldn't really find the post mentioning if 0,71 boosting makes sense with the Komodo's sensor size.

It's a simple yes or no answer - if it's that simple and you know it.

If it's not I guess it's worth discussing, there's been another post suggesting interest about this topic in the meantime.
    We discussed the metabones speedbooster a while back. There was no simple yes or no answer, but if you can find a full frame image from an RF mount camera with the speedbooster on we would be able to check if Komodo will vignette at 6K. Read for a few pages from here: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...KOMODO/page261

And here's a useful post of everything we know so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Colton John McLaughlin View Post
    RED Komodo 6K

Sensor: S35, 6K Resolution, Made by RED
    Sensor Read out (shutter): Global AND Rolling
    Format Size = 27.03x14.25mm (30.56mm image circle)
    Format Resolution = 6144x3240 (19.91 megapixels)
    Format Aspect Ratio = 1.90:1
    Max Frame Rate @ Full Res: 40fps @ 6K FF
    Autofocus: Yes (Phase Detect)
    Weight: ~2lbs
    Size: 4” Cubed
    Lens Mount: RF Mount (fixed)
    Battery: Dual Canon BP-9
    Media: CFast 2.0
    DC Connector: Lemo
    SDI: Yes 4K SDI OUT (x1)
    HDMI: No
    USB-C: No
    Audio: Yes, 3.5mm audio in/out (maybe scratch mic as well?)
    Built in Monitor: Yes (touchscreen ~3”x3”)
    Additional connection: Yes, gold pins on top for cordless monitors/ cellphone cradle, + EXT Port
    Screw Holes: Yes, at least (6?) 1/4"-20 UNC threads (standard) looks like additional m3 and m4 threads as well
    Power on: hard stop switch
    Additional buttons: Yes, Back, Lock, up, down, play
    Wifi: Yes, Antenna on left side
    Cellphone integration: Yes, IOS and Android
    Additional accessories: Yes RED and GDU accessories coming on release, presumably every major accessory manufacturer will as well

Availability: SOON, we don't know, within 4 months we can expect it. The first footage should be arriving near February 7th.
    Price: ~$5,000 - $7,500 ???

I'm probably missing stuff and got a bit wrong but this is what i can remember, thank you Phil Holland for you PHFX tools to get the sensor info.

Can we squeeze 8 more frames out of it in 6k WS? I cross my fingers.
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

"The Chronicles of the Fated" (pre production)
    https://www.facebook.com/thefatedshow

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Eymannsberger View Post
    How's Komodo sensor size regarding Speed Boosting full frame EF lenses? All the EF-Leitax Leica R, Contax Zeiss, Canon FD.

There is an EF - RF Speed Booster Ultra available, wondering if Metabones decides to give it the 'cine-treatment'.
    Using Phil's tool, you can see the Komodo vs the EOS R. Both set to HD and using the largest sensor area for video (speaking of the EOS R)
    http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...&focalLengths=

Komodo appears larger, so we probably require a SpeedBooster that generates a larger image circle... TBD until we all give it a test though!

Or, as Robert said:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    ...There was no simple yes or no answer, but if you can find a full frame image from an RF mount camera with the speedbooster on we would be able to check if Komodo will vignette at 6K.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE Camera #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Starting to regret slightly the idea that this thread is the place where Komodo availability will be announced-- feels like most days there's just another page or two of posts asking questions that have already been answered. That's totally understandable--at this point, the discussion is far too long to be very useful as a reference for newcomers, and there's a lot of excitement around the camera--, but it means that it's more of a chore than fun to check back in.
    Don't mean to be negative-- and continued thanks to the patient contributors answering all questions and posting new info. But anyone else feeling like maybe a more organized presentation of the information would be worth trading for the little reward to the long-time sufferers?

Quote Originally Posted by M Harvey View Post
    But anyone else feeling like maybe a more organized presentation of the information would be worth trading for the little reward to the long-time sufferers?
    My opinion is that technical forums are ment to be messy and redundant somehow. They are "raw" spaces where many technicians bring or receive experience and knowledge.

When we first got here, some of us took time to read - maybe not every single - but most of the posts to get informations, ask new question or add disparagingly comments (in my case...).

But many professional websites try to summarize these informations as they arrive:

https://www.cinema5d.com/red-komodo-...e-know-so-far/

https://www.provideocoalition.com/re...k-sensor-size/

https://www.4kshooters.net/2019/08/1...e-know-so-far/

http://phfx.com/tools/

May not be as fresh nor precise as what we got here on the forum, but it's a good organized start, don't you think?
    🧠+👁️+👂🏼+📹=...
    Documentary shaper, "that guy...".
    https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1523882/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Quote Originally Posted by M Harvey View Post
    Starting to regret slightly the idea that this thread is the place where Komodo availability will be announced-- feels like most days there's just another page or two of posts asking questions that have already been answered. That's totally understandable--at this point, the discussion is far too long to be very useful as a reference for newcomers, and there's a lot of excitement around the camera--, but it means that it's more of a chore than fun to check back in.
    Don't mean to be negative-- and continued thanks to the patient contributors answering all questions and posting new info. But anyone else feeling like maybe a more organized presentation of the information would be worth trading for the little reward to the long-time sufferers?
    Jarred posed the question of starting fresh some pages back since this thread turned into War and Peace length. The consensus was to wait until the production specs are locked and start a new thread for the formal announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Using Phil's tool, you can see the Komodo vs the EOS R. Both set to HD and using the largest sensor area for video (speaking of the EOS R)
    http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...&focalLengths=

Komodo appears larger, so we probably require a SpeedBooster that generates a larger image circle... TBD until we all give it a test though!

Or, as Robert said:
    So the EOS-R is really is full frame here in this calculation? Looks like the area is closer to a camera like the FujifilmGFX....

This would be cool. But what I would like is a full stills 35mm frame video camera... I hope there's a Komodo update in the future with a larger chip. The features of full frame with the ability to have a e-nd(or just internal nds) are very important for me.
    Ive been waiting for the promised affordable large sensor RED since they teased with these designs at the very start of RED. The Komodo is the closest, but the sensor size is disappointing to me (as Im a stills shooter that has shot full 35mm framer 20 years and want the same POV in video).
    My only options are a unproven ZCam F6, or for a bit more for a Kinefinty Mavo LF or for a little more weight, the c500mkII.

Paul