Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 212 of 371 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    On Komodo ( and Hydrogen ) those pins carry a form of CSI and Ethernet which allows the Komodo to mimic a camera to the phone.. i.e when hooked up to a phone the phone thinks the Komodo is it's own camera.
    That's fantastic. This yields access to control Komodo with Android Camera2 and Google Camera X API and to synchronise it with all the hardware of the phone.

2. #2112 FPS 
    Hey guys!

I’ve been trying to follow as closely as possible with the Komodo. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light based on what infos been given.

I understand that it’s been confirmed to not be a high speed camera. Is this statement made as a whole or at the max 6K resolution? Can we still hope for high frame rates at lower resolutions? For example 4K 120? Or is the general guess that the camera will limit all resolutions to standard frame rates???

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Fiorino View Post
    Hey guys!

I’ve been trying to follow as closely as possible with the Komodo. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light based on what infos been given.

I understand that it’s been confirmed to not be a high speed camera. Is this statement made as a whole or at the max 6K resolution? Can we still hope for high frame rates at lower resolutions? For example 4K 120? Or is the general guess that the camera will limit all resolutions to standard frame rates???

Cheers!
    We don't know the framerates yet but you are correct in the fact that it won't be a highspeed camera.
    Jarred hinted that it might do 4K60 however. (So I suppose at 6K iy will max out at 30)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Fiorino View Post
    Hey guys!

Cheers!
    It will probably do 60fps at 4k, but nothing has been officially annnounced.

that doesn't completely suck. We now just may be able to do something we couldn't before... two things actually... so it could actually turn into a really good thing... a sliver lining.

And yes Komodo discount for those that bought Hydrogens before the module was cancelled is still in play. And more importantly for some.... the pole position.

Heh Heh I shot that chris bell photo on Komodo with the Minolta 85 + adapter :)

I actually don't know exactly when the module was cancelled, I bought the hydrogen tianium about 2 months ago believing in the H2, which was still promised to happen at some Point. Would bei quite bad If people who bought into the hydrogen before the whole thing was cancelled could not participate in the discount of the komodo.

Heh Heh I shot that chris bell photo on Komodo with the Minolta 85 + adapter :)
    Which photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Han Vogen View Post
    Which photo?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4BBD03h...=1ps6wluvf0ue2

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Baitz View Post
    I actually don't know exactly when the module was cancelled, I bought the hydrogen tianium about 2 months ago believing in the H2, which was still promised to happen at some Point. Would bei quite bad If people who bought into the hydrogen before the whole thing was cancelled could not participate in the discount of the komodo.
    Not entirely sure. Jarred could be referring to this March 12 post by Jim on h4vuser:

Some have noticed that we have taken down the images of the 2D module from our website.

The reason for that is because we are currently in the middle of radically changing the HYDROGEN program. As I have said before, everything can and will change.

A series of obstacles and then new discoveries have given us the opportunity to significantly improve the entire program, not only for HYDROGEN but also for RED.

The changes create new opportunities to better satisfy the professional image capture customers as well as the casual consumer for the HYDROGEN program.

The RED team, led by Jarred Land, as of now will now be fully in charge of the professional image capture program for HYDROGEN and the HYDROGEN team is fully engaged on the new in-device image capture system. Both are major advancements to what was previously posted.

We are excited to share details as soon as we file the patents and lock down the changes and are all pretty excited about what is coming…

As a side note… all HYDROGEN customers will be “obsolescence obsolete” when buying into the new professional image capture program.

Jim
    Or he could mean this July 24 post:

Additionally, we eventually realized that the original camera module would have to change due to the fact our ODM was not going to competently complete the module that they committed and guaranteed to do. Our best option was to modify the program and bring it back into the RED house. We have completed the new and extraordinary sensor and redesigned the package. Jarred at RED will be posting about Komodo fairly soon. Its capability will vastly exceed the originally planned module. The HYDROGEN One and Two will integrate with this new camera. While it does not replace its big RED brothers, it will certainly be a complimentary camera for cinema grade images at the highest level at lower pricing

What's the chance Komodo will be compatible with the Cine 7 camera control?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bydlon View Post
    What's the chance Komodo will be compatible with the Cine 7 camera control?
    I’ll vote for that! It would be really cool.
    Paul Kalbach

RED Weapon-Helium#4580, RedOne-MX #1693, RedOne-MX #10062

www.ArtichokePro.com
    www.RedZephyrCam.com