Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 348 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3473
    And there we have sensor dimensions. Thanks, Jarred. :)

Can’t wait to get my hands on one of these!
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

27.03mm x 14.25mm, I'm all ears and eyes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    You don't need to fear the crop factor like you did with Raven or (black magic 6k or the Z2 6k ) and the other "smaller" s35 sensors... Komodo has a whole new pixel remember and the physical sensor is much wider than all of those, 27.03mm x 14.25mm. So if you do need to crop to get to where you need to go, you are starting with much more width to get there which will be kinder to your optics.
    I suppose the numbers are 6144x3160 ?
    And thanks for the update. I'm more and more hyped. :)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    Jarred,

Are we to a point where we can talk about or solidify the function of the H1 with Komodo? Is it a monitor, wireless or hardwired, will the H1 offer another function in combination with Komodo other than placing and pricing? I feel like its back in that place, it will monitor DSMC2, no it wonít, it will with a wire, Iím testing out this wired setup guys, Iíll report back soon. And total denial.....

I donít know what the deal is when it come to that damn phone, yeah that way.... but we can never seem to get clear concise information. Please drop the science on H1 and Komodo.

Thank you
    That's not really fair.. Sure, Hydrogen posted some specs before release that suggested the phone could do some sort of monitoring, But there was no denial from me or my team.. I was very clear as soon as the question was asked to me and RED ( camera ) that it would not and never be able to. multiple times. I never said I was testing wired options.. I think that was some h4vuser customers trying those out.

You don't need to fear the crop factor like you did with Raven or (black magic 6k or the Z2 6k ) and the other "smaller" s35 sensors... Komodo has a whole new pixel remember and the physical sensor is much wider than all of those, 27.03mm x 14.25mm. So if you do need to crop to get to where you need to go, you are starting with much more width to get there which will be kinder to your optics.
    Does this mean that the sensor is larger than Dragon X/Scarlet W (25.6mm x 13.5mm)? Or does the raw sensor size not translate into recording modes?

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    I suppose the numbers are 6144x3160 ?
    And thanks for the update. I'm more and more hyped. :)
    Close... 6144 x 3240

APS-c.....hmmm
    So with Speedbooster one might get Full Frame. Interesting.

That's not really fair.. Sure, Hydrogen posted some specs before release that suggested the phone could do some sort of monitoring, But there was no denial from me or my team.. I was very clear as soon as the question was asked to me and RED ( camera ) that it would not and never be able to. multiple times. I never said I was testing wired options.. I think that was some h4vuser customers trying those out.
    So to clarify: No to wireless monitoring via phone, yes to wired monitoring via USB cradle+phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    27.03mm x 14.25mm, I'm all ears and eyes now.
    Vertical height of 14.25mm is shorter than I imagined, considering the photo with a Hawk 2X anamorphic.
    However, It does have close to twice the horizontal size/ratio necessary for anamorphic. Am I missing something?

Close... 6144 x 3240
    So roughly .0044 pixel size? FF aspect ratio 1.89:1 standard theatrical wide screen format.