Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 352 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 3518
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    That’s what DSMC3 will be. The pro version of Komodo.
    In big hopes it will be much more than a PL mount and ability to shoot not only RAW but also intermediate codec.
    Last edited by Alex Stolpakov; 12-04-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Komodo seems like 2" x 2" x 2" body dimensions, right?
    Scarlet MX
    2 RAVENs
    2 GEMINI
    MONSTRO

Quote Originally Posted by Abiodun Shote View Post
    Komodo seems like 2" x 2" x 2" body dimensions, right?
    4x4x4

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stolpakov View Post
    In big hopes it will be much more than a PL mount and ability to shoot not only RAW but also intermediate codec.
    Much much more

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    My point was that non-PL glass nowadays are good enough for B/C/D cam application IF needed.
    Anyway.
    Certainly for prime lenses, and decent AF can be a real boon at times. Parfocal zooms can be hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Certainly for prime lenses, and decent AF can be a real boon at times. Parfocal zooms can be hard to come by.
    True. Even Sigma's Cine line of Zooms are not parfocal.
    I've worked for some years during Cannes Film Festival shooting the Red Carpet with an FS7 (client's request), a speedbooster and a 100-400L Series Canon Zoom (only lens I can get hold of that offers the type of coverage the client wants -_-) and it's a PAIN to work with. ^_^
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    My point was that non-PL glass nowadays are good enough for B/C/D cam application IF needed.
    Anyway.
    Good enough is not the same as ease of operation out of the box.
    Example - This year I worked on 24 series show it was ProRes Alexa show before I proposed to go Hellium. Executives went for that and post that is made inside house was ready to work after they got Lut for ProRes that was made inside camera from day one. Production wise nothing changed for them, cost wise we cut a bit lighting package for the difference in cameras so it stayed the same.
    But for us it changed a lot , we had so much fun shooting from handheld, inside cars, tight spaces, gimbal, to the point when shooting on stage and a new actor would come he would ask why it so dark is it a night scene and hear an answer "Please come to the monitor, look its a sunny day" . So we had a fun , new toy on set.

I think trying to identify any contemporary glass as being superior based on a PL mount is just wrong. Most contemporary lens offerings are available in multiple mount types, many with modular or field-replaceable mounts. Some of the best performing lenses, both in real-world use and on the test bench, are primarily available in EF or other mounts or not available as PL at all.

I’m finding that I’m moving away from PL more and more these days with newer lens offerings. PL is a great mount, very robust, yet has no bearing on how well the optics in the lens operate. PL is not without its share of problems. So right tool for the job and all that... I have various lens kits in PL... kits with EF mount... other formats too.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    I think trying to identify any contemporary glass as being superior based on a PL mount is just wrong. Most contemporary lens offerings are available in multiple mount types, many with modular or field-replaceable mounts. Some of the best performing lenses, both in real-world use and on the test bench, are primarily available in EF or other mounts or not available as PL at all.

I’m finding that I’m moving away from PL more and more these days with newer lens offerings. PL is a great mount, very robust, yet has no bearing on how well the optics in the lens operate. PL is not without its share of problems. So right tool for the job and all that... I have various lens kits in PL... kits with EF mount... other formats too.
    Contemporary glass is not about which mount is better, its about what set of lenses is possible to rent in real life, like Master Primes. I don't know any set EF-only that is the same as the above.
    And yes its nice to have a choice, but still.

I'm interested to see what the lens manufacturers can do with the shorter flange distance on the RF mount. Already the photo lenses are better than their EF mount counterparts, let's see if they can make some smaller/lighter/sharper RF mount cine glass.