Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2820
  1. #2811  
    Senior Member Patrick Tresch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Switzerland, Lausanne
    Posts
    4,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stolpakov View Post
    Robust means integrated. Why everybody so against the idea if this is so much cheaper then interchangeable mount system you should not choose which mount you need?

    What’s interesting is the film that I made since The Laundromat with Meryl that we just wrapped, I was using the new Red Komodo, which is the best of both. It’s extremely small, but it’s got a full-sized sensor. You can strip it down to absolutely nothing and it’s truly quite small and light. The lens is bigger and heavier than the body. Or you can very easily—if you need a little bit of mass because of the shot you’re doing, whether it be handheld or whatever—put some gak on it and give it a little more weight and turn it into that tool. We were the first people to get it. These bodies were hot off the bench. I was very, very pleased with what it allowed me to do. It was small enough for me to be able to put it anywhere I wanted very quickly but big enough to give me the aesthetics and the practicality that a “normal” camera would give me. It was pretty exciting.
    Real camera with real needs, not this

    Isn't the slightly smaller FoV (of this smaller sensor) a bit confusing when shooting? As it's not consistent with the A camera you would shoot and your lens choices have to be adapted to this?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2812  
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    Isn't the slightly smaller FoV (of this smaller sensor) a bit confusing when shooting? As it's not consistent with the A camera you would shoot and your lens choices have to be adapted to this?
    S35 is S35. It can be cropped on set or in the house.
    Last edited by Alex Stolpakov; 12-13-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #2813  
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    Isn't the slightly smaller FoV (of this smaller sensor) a bit confusing when shooting? As it's not consistent with the A camera you would shoot and your lens choices have to be adapted to this?

    Can be for the post house , but not the shooter. It can be cropped on set or in the house.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #2814  
    Is there a dynamic range penalty in exchange for the nimble size?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #2815  
    I could only assume that with RED making this as a tool for current RED users that it would pair withe a 16.5 stop DR at the minimum. Nothing announced yet however.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #2816  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    5
    Apologies if this has been covered already, but do we know if second hand Hydrogen one's will qualify for the Komodo discount?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #2817  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Reid View Post
    Apologies if this has been covered already, but do we know if second hand Hydrogen one's will qualify for the Komodo discount?
    Hi Rob,

    While there's no official word on this yet, I trust that the original owner will be notified about qualification based on the orders placed prior to the cut-off date (some time late February or early March - not specified yet).
    As much as it would be amazing for every Hydrogen holder at the time of the Komodo release to qualify for a discount, it would most likely have those with an Aluminium Hydrogen feel at a major disadvantage as opposed to those who preordered a Titanium and received a free Aluminium.
    Then there's the added complication of tracking where those free devices ended up (ebay, etc).

    Again, with the cut-off date in mind, everyone who has obtained a device past that date, however that was accomplished, probably disqualifies the device.

    On the other hand, the more Komodos out there, the better, right?

    For now, all we can do is peculate, while the RED team solves that riddle...
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE Camera #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #2818  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    5
    Hey Gregory, thanks for the summation. Like everyone here looking forward to final specs and pre-order info.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #2819  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    10,000 Lakes
    Posts
    1,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Hi Rob,

    While there's no official word on this yet, I trust that the original owner will be notified about qualification based on the orders placed prior to the cut-off date (some time late February or early March - not specified yet).
    As much as it would be amazing for every Hydrogen holder at the time of the Komodo release to qualify for a discount, it would most likely have those with an Aluminium Hydrogen feel at a major disadvantage as opposed to those who preordered a Titanium and received a free Aluminium.
    Then there's the added complication of tracking where those free devices ended up (ebay, etc).

    Again, with the cut-off date in mind, everyone who has obtained a device past that date, however that was accomplished, probably disqualifies the device.

    On the other hand, the more Komodos out there, the better, right?

    For now, all we can do is peculate, while the RED team solves that riddle...
    Let’s NOT go down the Hydrogen rabbit hole and have Jarred answer this, No offense but I don’t want to hear any other than Jarred on these matters.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #2820  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton John McLaughlin View Post
    That would be incredible! I really want to use the Komodo as my all around camera, it seems like it will be a perfect fit for me for my A-Cam, but i think it would also make a great companion to my EOS R for still images... I really dig the medium format form factor especially paired with the GDU side handle and a monitor laying flat over top of it... my dream! I really hope pre-orders go live in January (or sooner!)
    Might as well toss in the ability to do long exposure photos, perhaps even longer then 30sec. Then also build an intervalomeater like the Sony a7r3 has (with ael low, Med, high). Make it good for photo, timelapse, and video. Now that’s asking a lot :)
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts