Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 224 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2235
  1. #1641  
    Senior Member Jason Bodnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    192
    My current B-Cam is the RAVEN with DSMC2 Helium as primary... I plan to get the Komodo, probably not going to need all three at this time although kind of like 8k 6k 4k. Jarred, Any reason to keep RAVEN if Komodo is in hand with high end Helium for HFR stuff? I wanted to trade it/sell for GEMINI but could not afford it right now...Have Hydrogen so sounds like I will get a discount on Komodo but will there be a another RAVEN trade opportunity? I like my little bird so may just keep it but sounds like Komodo may cover all my needs for what RAVEN gets used for anyway.
    Jason Bodnar
    VisibleLightCreative - "It is light that makes everything visible"
    Cinematographer
    RED DSMC2 8K Helium
    RED DSMC2 RAVEN 4.5K Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #1642  
    Senior Member Robert Hofmeyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bodnar View Post
    My current B-Cam is the RAVEN with DSMC2 Helium as primary... I plan to get the Komodo, probably not going to need all three at this time although kind of like 8k 6k 4k. Jarred, Any reason to keep RAVEN if Komodo is in hand with high end Helium for HFR stuff? I wanted to trade it/sell for GEMINI but could not afford it right now...Have Hydrogen so sounds like I will get a discount on Komodo but will there be a another RAVEN trade opportunity? I like my little bird so may just keep it but sounds like Komodo may cover all my needs for what RAVEN gets used for anyway.
    My guess is that the only advantage of Raven over Komodo as a B-cam to DSMC2 Helium is that the Raven and Helium use the same accessories and media. If you can, keep all three for a while and sell the Raven later if you find you are not using it.

    I'm still waiting on full specs (max frame rates and compression - 50p at 6K 8:1 would be good enough for me, plus pre-record) and footage of course, but am thinking about replacing my 6K Weapon Magnesium with two Komodos. My back will thank me for a lighter rig, and cheaper media and longer battery life would be fantastic. And if Komodo does everything via that top connector (power in/out, camera control, monitoring, mounting) it will make for some very streamlined setups. Hopefully Red will encourage third parties to get involved in developing solutions.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #1643  
    Senior Member Mathias Erichsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    588
    Can we use a Hydrogen as a hardwired monitor/proxy recorder, and at the same time use foolcontrol wirelessly on an iPhone? :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1644  
    Fire Chief Jarred Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Colton John McLaughlin View Post
    It’s very exciting that we are getting more and more details in the past week! Hopefully this is leading to see some test footage soon ;)

    Thank you so much Jarred!

    I know the target market isn’t necessarily for newbies, I must say, this will definitely be a jumping point from a lot of black magic users like myself. I have always found RED to be my favourite system and I think this will be a great entry point into the system other than my two hydrogens. And I think this camera will become my A cam over the ursa mini 4.6 just due to its flexibility and the fact that I have a hard on for cameras that look like waist level medium format! Maybe one day we will get a Komodo LF? ;)

    Thanks again everyone at RED and here at REDuser. You have all taught me so much, even just from this thread alone. I cannot wait to officially join the family (presumable Q2 next year!)
    Yes Colton it will be interesting to see what people like you do with Komodo. It's not a beginner camera but it definitely can be a "next step" camera. Just be prepared... this isn't an auto-everything camera. Although we do finally have PDAF on this sensor which we are pretty excited about.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #1645  
    Senior Member Robert Hofmeyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Although we do finally have PDAF on this sensor which we are pretty excited about.
    Great news!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #1646  
    Is there going to be the capability to genlock and sync the Komodo??
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #1647  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    ...we do finally have PDAF on this sensor which we are pretty excited about.
    Huh!
    That's interesting.
    Always liked the PDAF on my 1D series, but since I started shooting on RED I moved to a remote follow-focus.
    I guess now we can use either/or depending on the camera and lens setup.

    Using PDAF or electronically controlled focus, can you tell yet whether focusing info on one Komodo can be communicated to another Komodo in real time?
    I can guess that's where Hydrogen comes into play... ;)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE Camera #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #1648  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sefton View Post
    Is there going to be the capability to genlock and sync the Komodo??
    @Jarred - hoping you might be able to help with this?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #1649  
    Senior Member Bastien Tribalat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cannes area, France
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yes Colton it will be interesting to see what people like you do with Komodo. It's not a beginner camera but it definitely can be a "next step" camera. Just be prepared... this isn't an auto-everything camera. Although we do finally have PDAF on this sensor which we are pretty excited about.
    Is the rack-focus thing demoed a long time ago (might even have been in Scarlet Fixed times ?), where you set to focal point and press a button and the camera switches between the two, still a thing ?

    PS : I never used a RED camera with anything but a fully manual lense so maybe it's already on DSMC2 and I mssed it ?
    Last edited by Bastien Tribalat; 10-03-2019 at 03:53 AM.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #1650  
    Moderator Phil Holland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    11,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Although we do finally have PDAF on this sensor which we are pretty excited about.
    Spicy and useful for gimbal peeps in a big way + Canon's new focusing mechanism in RF lenses is pretty interesting compared to the older EF stuff.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles
    ________________________________
    phfx.com IMDB
    PHFX | tools

    2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

    Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts