Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 44 of 371 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Well if you ever wanted to know what the rear end of a Komodo looks like, here you go:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Fu_psh4kW/

Looks Sexy AF....
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    Hydrogen ONE

I can't confirm because I am unsure, but it looks like the Canon BP-970G pin structure.
    Whoa that would be a great choice of battery system if that's the case. I'm not the biggest fan of the Sony L-series batteries.
    Red EPIC-W #003307 "Annabelle"

Pinout looks like something proprietary, no?

Surprised that the back does not look like it has modules.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Tejeda View Post
    So we’re just missing top and bottom then?
    Bottom we've gotten a glimpse of and it appears to be very similar to the base of DSMC2 brains, which likely is giving us a better picture of the form factor.

Here's everything I know based on all the stuff leaked.

- 6K Sensor (exact size, resolution, and aspect ratio unknown, likely S35 or S35+)
    - Canon R/RF Mount
    - Clearly takes some sort of off the shelf camcorder-style battery (likely Canon BP-950G or Canon BP-970G, don't know yet, just don't want people to go nuts)
    - *might be hot swappable with two battery trays?
    - Uses CFast 2.0 Media
    - Has vents for cooling it appears
    - Ports known on camera: DC IN, SDI Out (4K), some sort of EXT control connector - Really exceedingly happy to see the DC IN is Lemo.
    - 3.5mm Mic
    - 3.5mm Headphone Jack
    - I think a scratch mic is there.
    - Likely 1 or 2 M4 accessory mounting regions near the front base of the camera. Might even be a couple near the top?

I'm like 95% sure Jarred is posting it mounted on the 80mm GDU Touch N Go quick release in the last photo. That record button is certainly a pinky poker and it appears to be a status monitoring LED near it similar to all the other RED cams.

Now that I've re-looked at the photos, I'm beginning to think in the shot with the R>EF VND adapter that's actually the release button for the CFast 2.0 media slot, which I believe will be an enclosed rather than exposed situation. This would also likely make sense considering where the vents are and it appears there's a heat sink in there.

General body design looks great so far, clearly a RED body in aesthetic. Also looks fairly rugged, which is extremely good news. Likely aluminum or aluminum/magnesium situation. Outside of the buttons, I don't think I'm seeing much plastic here.

This is now making me wonder exactly what the heck the 6K sensor can do if that media slot is internal. That's a lot of horses to stuff into a box.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Pinout looks like something proprietary, no?

Surprised that the back does not look like it has modules.
    Matches the layout on the Canon BP batteries.

Hmmm. I'm not one to post instant reactionary thoughts, but suddenly I'm thinking this is actually being positioned in between the BMD PCC6K/ZCam world and the Canon C series cameras. Like, probably the smaller form factor or sure, but ability-wise likely closer to the C series?

Without the codec stuff known, but I think it's going to go one of two directions with likely a predictable mezzanine codec(s) involved too, that would likely be aiming around a minimum of 4K @ 60fps perhaps? That's about 1/2 the frame rate of any current DSMC2 camera at the same resolution. In terms of estimated pricing and all that, that's painting a bit of clearer picture in my mind. Like I have no idea what this sensor is or even how it works, but if this is the case we might be looking at like 6K WS around 48-50 fps? That's a minimum guess, maybe 6K FF at about 30-40fps max?

I hate posting my speculations, but that's where my mind is going.

I should head over to RSH Kool-Aid man-style, bust through a wall, and figure this all out.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Komodo is really looking like the smallest possible package they can fit a fully featured Red sensor and processing into, which is amazing.

Footage please!

I should head over to RSH Kool-Aid man-style, bust through a wall, and figure this all out.
    OHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    KOMODO 6K #0011 "Tangie"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Dulu View Post
    Whoa that would be a great choice of battery system if that's the case. I'm not the biggest fan of the Sony L-series batteries.
    Neither are we... and we tested them all. The Canon's are actually pretty incredible. High pull amps , the right voltage so you don't loose efficiency with up-converting and very consistent.

And yes.. they are hot swappable. And they last for hours and hours and hours...