Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 371 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

FROM STEVEN SODERBERGHS TWITTER

Very cool. I've seen some griping over the form factor but the only thing I'm seeing is a replacement for the Raven in terms of weight and on the fly usability. Can't wait to hear about the sensor and see some images.

If its light enough for the ronin S then it’s an immediate purchase! So I’m guessing it’s controlled by hydrogen since I didn’t see any controls?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bjork View Post

I also said this on FB, but it seems like you don't need a Hydrogen to operate it. Which I'm glad about because I'm already in the iPhone ecosystem.

I do wonder how you change settings on the camera though. Wireless control from our phones? Could this be where the RED-Atomos agreement comes into it? Maybe 4K SDI? Or can we use our regular DSMC monitors?

Also, I wonder where that arm is attached to. The angle doesn't make it clear that it's attached at some point on the body.
    Red EPIC-W #003307 "Annabelle"

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bjork View Post

That looks pretty awesome to me.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Also, that's a S35 lens? Might not mean anything though, as it might be using a 4K S35 crop of a 6K FF sensor?
    Red EPIC-W #003307 "Annabelle"

Woah cool - I really hope there is a way to change settings with buttons on the camera. I'm not a fan of changing settings on my phone, that's for sure. Fine if it is with the touch screen like DSMC2, but that hopefully means that you can do it through an Atomos recorder/monitor. But I'm really hoping there are some buttons on the top of that thing...

Not that it means anything, but I believe the Leica Summicrons cover Dragon 6K FF without a problem.
    Todd Gilpin
    Cinematographer Editor
    Scarlet Dragon #3750 "Jasper"

https://vimeo.com/toddgilpin

Anyword on the sensor specs and/or codec yet?
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

Oh man. I don't know the man, but the last time I saw Soderbergh was back when were doing VFX at R&H for Solaris and he totally just shot a line of nostalgia into my arm. Somewhere in 2008/2009 we used this Cunima HD (tiny sensor) camera feeding out to a spinning disk Codex box on a race care. Something about this gives me a similar vibe.

Some things we learned from that photo:

- There are indeed 4X M4 accessory mounting points near the front of the camera brain, neato
    - Thumbs up for a focus hook M3, very useful
    - The EXT port does indeed look to be an also rugged-style connector, likely Lemo, don't know pin structure.

Really interesting to see the Power Switch. I like that idea and wonder if it's similar to the the Jetpack where if you feed it power the camera just turns on.

I think Matthew is a great designer, but if I have one wiggle, the arrows on the plastic eject buttons should be pointing upwards :) But I think we can figure that out.

That lens btw is the Leica, erm..., now Leitz Summicron-C 35mm T2. It's an S35 lens, but it does cover larger than 35mm. That's 100% the Metabones EOS R to PL adapter.

They clearly are showcasing the 4K out workflow here with the Atomos.

Also hard to tell where than arm is attached to, could be the camera, could be elsewhere. If it is to the body of the camera, I'd guess there's a 1/4"-20 somewhere on that side. Though if it was me, I'd hope for cheese on the top to mount a more rigged lower profile pan/tilt adapter maybe. We still don't know what's going on up top, but there's something up there. Got sort of a love/hate thing with arms these days, but that's very much a me thing.

The only other thing I spotted in the photo is the DC IN Lemo power cable, it's the newer aesthetic like what RED is producing for Ranger.

Very curious how loud it runs and how long it takes to boot and all that, but I will say one thing, this sucker is small. That whole rig without batteries is about 10-11lbs with everything on there. The lens is most of that weight.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon