Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 283 of 371 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3709
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders Ledin View Post
    Is there a dynamic range penalty in exchange for the nimble size?
    No penalty for the size.. no penalty for the Global shutter either . it's a real RED camera , and hence image is #1. You can expect Komodo to fall in the vicinity of a Helium for dynamic range, in both Global Shutter mode and Rolling Shutter mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    No penalty for the size.. no penalty for the Global shutter either . it's a real RED camera , and hence image is #1. You can expect Komodo to fall in the vicinity of a Helium for dynamic range, in both Global Shutter mode and Rolling Shutter mode.
    😎 nice!

Could you forsee anyone giving up their DSMC2 Epic W to go komodo? Steven Soderberg said he'd give up monstos...

Or I suppose you lose out on DSMC3 if you go Komodocam.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic Barbero View Post
    Jarred, Any idea when preorders will start to open up?
    The last ballpark I gave you is still looking good for the first run..... if everything continues to go as well as it has so far.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1875926

Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    Letís NOT go down the Hydrogen rabbit hole and have Jarred answer this, No offense but I donít want to hear any other than Jarred on these matters.
    Good advice... And honestly we haven't laid out the Hydrogen discount plan yet. But I think it's probably fair to say that whatever happens will be for the original owner only.

Speaking of which.. I know I keep saying it but I want to be very clear that Komodo has always been, and continues to be, a camera first. The Hydrogen ( and other phones ) are an accessory to the camera, not the other way around.

That sounds very very good ! :)
    Thanks man.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

The last real question has just been answered and that is not "nice" nor "cool" at all, that is huge.. I'm not sure people realize it..
    This detail was not revealed yet as they were still working on it i guess, congrats to all the team who i'm sure were all sweating in the oven kitchen to make that work..

@Jarred, you said in a previous post that some people swear they can intercut R3D from all the Red lineups and some swear they can't, in term of image DNA, which Red lineup Komodo is the closest to?

Congrats again all!
    Last edited by Mendes Nabil; 12-16-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Damn, this getting even more interesting... I'm having a blast with the Helium when shooting docos and run & gun whatever the available light is, I'm dreaming about doing the same stuff with a smaller body, can't wait.
    DSMC2 Monstro & Helium packages ready to shoot
    Gates Pro Action DSMC2 Water Housing
    SPL DSMC2 Custom Water Housing
    vincentkardasik.com
    Hossegor, France
    Water Cinematography Reel
    Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo

Thank you for this BIG detail, I am sure it will make a lot of people very happy!!!
    Isn't that what you meant when you said that it was the huge drawback you had to overcome with the current crop of sensors when making the Komodo?

Question to you Jarred, what would be the benefit of using Rolling Shutter Mode?
    Higher FPS? or...???

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kelly Brown View Post
    Might as well toss in the ability to do long exposure photos, perhaps even longer then 30sec. Then also build an intervalomeater like the Sony a7r3 has (with ael low, Med, high). Make it good for photo, timelapse, and video. Now that’s asking a lot :)
    +1000 please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mendes Nabil View Post
    @Jarred, you said in a previous post that some people swear they can intercut R3D from all the Red lineups and some swear they can't, in term on image DNA, which Red lineup Komodo is the closest to?

Congrats again all!
    Based on Jarred's post (see above), I expect it to be closer to Helium in terms of image DNA.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

The last ballpark I gave you is still looking good for the first run..... if everything continues to go as well as it has so far.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1875926

Good advice... And honestly we haven't laid out the Hydrogen discount plan yet. But I think it's probably fair to say that whatever happens will be for the original owner only.

Speaking of which.. I know I keep saying it but I want to be very clear that Komodo has always been, and continues to be, a camera first. The Hydrogen ( and other phones ) are an accessory to the camera, not the other way around.
    Can you confirm whether the Komodo can be frame synced please?

Thanks for the clarification on the Hydrogen discount plan Jarred. Agree this should be reserved for original owner - investors.
    Awesome news on the dynamic range front!