Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 237 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2364
  1. #1841  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    I've tried that but failed when reflections of exteriors are bright enough in the dark areas that they make contrast/brightness adjustments of the bright areas look all fake and wrong. I guess that's why there are so many giant rugs in castle interiors!
    The trick with HDRx is:

    Trurn it on.
    Set it to choose amount of stops. Like 2 stops or so. Depends what you do but if there is a lot of motion then I would not do more. 2 stops means your xtrack lost 3/4 of its motion blur and is down to 45 deg if you shoot 180 deg.
    Then very important look a the Xtrack and expose is right under clip. In other words tap the xTrack view button, look at your stoplights and open up until the stoplights goes on then dial back one stop.



    The above will give you a A track with exposure for your lowlights and the Xtrack will have coverage for your highlights. In other words to make use of hdrx your a track needs to be overexposed or it has no use.

    You could also up your shutter to lets say 360 deg and get more motion blur than normal in your highlight, and more normal motion blur in your lowlights, so that is another parameter to balance in / think about.

    The common trouble / error people do is that they turn on HDRx but then expose with the A track right under clip. That does not give more latitude as the the Xtrack is a fraction of the A track the X track needs to be right under or on clip.

    And yes what Christoffer says, if you render out the two passes and add motion analys based motion blur onto the X track things will look Better when there is a lot of movement / that will help the shorter exposure for the X track. A bit fiddly process if there is a lot of shots and such but not big thing once you have it set up.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame / VFX / Motion capture / Monstro
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #1842  
    Senior Member Alvise Tedesco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Milan Italy
    Posts
    566
    Cool tips, thanks.
    Luca Bigazzi told me once he use HDRx very often but I thought it was all about big post budgets, his talent and experience on lighting. Personally, I dismissed HDRx right after using it, years ago, finding weird motion. I'll have another look for sure..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #1843  
    Senior Member Russ Fill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    World wide working
    Posts
    1,600
    One of the best uses I have found for the HDRx is when using the camera for time lapses where you have some crazy contrast and hi light issues. IE Sunset or reflections on water etc etc.. Its a supper cool tool to have. Un like any other camera out there.
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #1844  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    144
    It's been awhile since a significant Komdo update. If shipping is still set for end of year, I'd think we'd be close to an official announcement. Any update on timeline?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #1845  
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Fill View Post
    One of the best uses I have found for the HDRx is when using the camera for time lapses where you have some crazy contrast and hi light issues. IE Sunset or reflections on water etc etc.. Its a supper cool tool to have. Un like any other camera out there.
    That makes a lot of sense to me.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

    "Dream so big you can share!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #1846  
    Senior Member joshua csehak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    In other words to make use of hdrx your a track needs to be overexposed or it has no use.
    OMG that makes so much sense. I've been mostly not very impressed with it up till now. I can't wait to try that out.
    http://www.magicgoggles.com

    Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #1847  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    3
    Other than HDRX the frame averaging and summing features are very useful as well, for time lapses and cleaner lowlight recordings. Those features obviously require higher framerates as well.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #1848  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrin Sheldon View Post
    It's been awhile since a significant Komdo update. If shipping is still set for end of year, I'd think we'd be close to an official announcement. Any update on timeline?
    I've been optimistic but at this point it seems like it will be a wait... Based on the Raven launch, I'm guessing it will be a long while until these start trickling out...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #1849  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Smucker View Post
    I've been optimistic but at this point it seems like it will be a wait... Based on the Raven launch, I'm guessing it will be a long while until these start trickling out...
    I was hopeful for a sooner launch also with new information trickling out fairly regularly, but now I feel like the teaser images and spec tidbits were just to coincide with the Pocket 6K and S1H launches and Z-Cam announcements. It's been quiet for a bit now and it's starting to feel like we may have quite awhile before we see the Komodo ship.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #1850  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Genova View Post
    I was hopeful for a sooner launch also with new information trickling out fairly regularly, but now I feel like the teaser images and spec tidbits were just to coincide with the Pocket 6K and S1H launches and Z-Cam announcements. It's been quiet for a bit now and it's starting to feel like we may have quite awhile before we see the Komodo ship.
    Yea it's starting to look that way. Still holding out hope for an announcement and pre-order this year and a somewhat early delivery in 2020. But we'll see.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts