Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 46 of 371 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    I wonder where all buttoms are on the Komodo. Im a fan of tactile feedback. I hope to not use a touchscreen for the common things. Is there an sidehandle for it?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    D-Tap or AUX power, I'm betting not on the body. This thing is likely a really delicate power ecosystem to even do what it is doing and drawing out from the camera brain I think would be not ideal given the hardware. More likely battery pass through or whatever for accessories, echoing Zack's good idea for a V-Mount/G-Mount adapter.
    That makes a lot of sense.

I suppose the other thing too is for situations where you need it to be as lightweight as possible (gimbal/aerial use), your accessories really could just be powered by the gimbal.
    I know the Movi Pro starts to have issues with powering a RED, wireless transmitter, and follow focus all at once, but really if you have a battery or two on the camera (which the form factor and weight would allow for), there's a bit more leeway there for tapping into those accessories.
    Brandon Veen | Digital Curator at Hedderich's
    Epic-X Dragon #08127 + Fujifilm GFX50R + Leica BLK360

Can this camera be externally synced and gen-locked @Jarred??

we haven't seen the top yet but I really really really wish that it has DSMC2 LCD monitor port ontop. if thats the case this will be my b-cam when doing interviews. perfect on motorised slider .
    Andreas Gotfredsen - Cinematographer - Digital Creative Lead - Sweden

1X RED and a lot of gear. Worked for 15 Years in Advertising.

Most used lens: Sigma Cine T2 18-35

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Neither are we... and we tested them all. The Canon's are actually pretty incredible. High pull amps , the right voltage so you don't loose efficiency with up-converting and very consistent.

And yes.. they are hot swappable. And they last for hours and hours and hours...
    Jarred, great choices so far with Canon RF-mount in the front and Canon BP-mounts in the rear....makes me wonder if Canon sensor is sandwiched in-between, allowing for DPAF when needed.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sefton View Post
    Yes, that’s a pretty basic need for any camera above just consumer grade. It needs to be in there, with a better internal clock battery than DSMC2!
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Zack CC View Post
    Would also be curious if there is a matrix of recommended shooting media. Kind of the downside of non proprietary media, and there are plenty of horror stories from the DIT community regarding the Alexa Mini and C-Fast failures.
    These are the best in the world that are available to mortals https://www.angelbird.com/prod/av-pr...0/?category=79

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sefton View Post
    I hope that's what the EXT is for . Maybe a breakout cable with genlock and timecode
    Andreas Gotfredsen - Cinematographer - Digital Creative Lead - Sweden

1X RED and a lot of gear. Worked for 15 Years in Advertising.

Most used lens: Sigma Cine T2 18-35

We have some Angelbird media and it’s just the best. Their CFast 2.0 offerings are also the most affordable, so a double win.

Raise your hand if you were considering a mid-range RED (Scarlet W in my case) and are now waiting to see if Komodo would be a better fit for less money .