Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 250 of 371 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by paulcurtis View Post
    I quite like using the EpicW as a stills camera but it's too bulky to do that in anything other than controlled environments. So part of me is curious about the use of Komodo for stills too, especially with that shutter. So the pre-record and monitoring are the two areas of interest. Not that it was designed for this but strikes me that some kind of medium format style handling could be doable. I assume the top screen is UI only (maybe wrong) and that monitoring *has* to be external.
    Jarred has confirmed the top screen displays video as well. Great for medium format style portraiture and maybe even useful for framing in some situations where weight is critical?

What kind of Crop can we expect with this freaking new sensor ??
    Also does EF mount adaptater have an impact on the sensor ? I mean do we lost stops by using it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    Jarred has confirmed the top screen displays video as well. Great for medium format style portraiture and maybe even useful for framing in some situations where weight is critical?

Framing on a 3 inch screen is challenging. If only it could be 1920x1080 screen we could put a loupe on it and frame like on a Rolleiflex.

Opening a new era of low angle shooting mode ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by olivier harrault View Post
    What kind of Crop can we expect with this freaking new sensor ??
    About 1.3X in 6KFF according to Phil's very pretty format compare page: http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...20Still%203:2&

Quote Originally Posted by olivier harrault View Post
    Also does EF mount adaptater have an impact on the sensor ? I mean do we lost stops by using it ?
    No light loss from the EF adapter. Just nicer to use lenses without adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Not gonna lie to you.. this is the first time we have made a sensor with PDAF. So I am betting it will take us a few firmwares to get it just right.
    Makes sense.
    Can’t expect everything to be 100% on day One.
    But sure looks like you want to sort more things out before the official launch with this new sensor.

As Robert mentioned before, I’d very much love to have a stills (1 frame R3D) mode.
    How about we throw that in the idea box for once AF is done?
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    Not gonna lie to you.. this is the first time we have made a sensor with PDAF. So I am betting it will take us a few firmwares to get it just right.
    As long as it's your goal to deliver that particular specs, I'll be on board and a lot of mirroless users will be too.

You should be good then. Pretty safe to say after beating on the stormtrooper all day today you can expect full sensor 6k 40fps, 6k WS @ 50fps. Which means 4k @60fps shouldn't be a problem, but I have not actually tested that yet. And yes, that's all in global shutter mode.
    true global shutter

or global reset?
    Last edited by Billy Jim; 11-22-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jim View Post
    true global shutter

or global reset?
    Seeing as they're two different things and Jarred specifically said global shutter, I'd assume we shouldn't have any reason to think otherwise. Plus, global shutter had been specifically discussed earlier in the thread as well.

... that probably is not going to happen.
    Ryan Sauvé | @sauvedp
    Epic-W #7950
    Nikon Z6

Could be interesting... EF to RF speedbooster.

https://www.metabones.com/products/d...B_SPEF-EFR-BT1