Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 356 of 371 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 3709
    Welcome Chuck! It can get a bit wild & hairy here but that’s what makes it great.
    Trevor Meier :: Story & Image
    http://trevormeier.com/
    http://storyspark.ca/

GEMINI #09
    Epic-W, Raven, Epic Dragon
    Proud owner since Red One #182

Whats the smallest and lightest drone that can carry a KOMODOCAM?

Good morning fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Whats the smallest and lightest drone that can carry a KOMODOCAM?

Good morning fellas!
    Usually its not so goid to be on the rim with such things. Gimbals and drones preform better when they are not on the edge for thier capacity.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Usually its not so goid to be on the rim with such things. Gimbals and drones preform better when they are not on the edge for thier capacity.
    Hi Bjorn

What sub $8,000 drones, if any, can carry this little beast.

It could be as light as 2.5-3lbs. are there even any FRUGAL drones for this type thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Hi Bjorn

What sub $8,000 drones, if any, can carry this little beast.

It could be as light as 2.5-3lbs. are there even any FRUGAL drones for this type thing?
    I dont know, but to me what ever package you would get together I would say a dji inspire 2 6k would be a better option du to weight, built in gimbal etc. Dont really see the benefit of getting a komodo or red camera in air instead of the dji stuff..
    Björn Benckert

I dont know, but to me what ever package you would get together I would say a dji inspire 2 6k would be a better option du to weight, built in gimbal etc. Dont really see the benefit of getting a komodo or red camera in air instead of the dji stuff..

Does DJI have global shutter?
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

can’t wait to get Komodo!!
    ---------------------------
    Curtis Boggs
    www.cboggs.com

Cinematographer-DP-Colorist
    Epic-W 8k - G&E
    Sigma Cinema prime set
    Leica-R Cine mod prime set

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Does DJI have global shutter?
    On a drone its ofcrouse nice to have. But normally especially if you fly a 5k + USD camera you keep some distance to target and then the rolling shutter is not much of an issue, as camera is really well stabilised / not shaking etc on a drone. Good gimbal I find more important than rolling shutter on a cinema drone and the the Zenmuse 6k is difficult to beat in that regards.
    Björn Benckert

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Heh heh you never know. I've heard " Arri would never " a lot over the years.

I remember when we released the Red One with that crazy monster EVF and Arri had the D-20 optical finder and it was " Arri only makes cameras with optical finders" Until they didn't and switched to EVF.

And when we released the Monochrome sensor it was " you can just desaturate the Alexa color image to get the same... " but you couldn't and a year later they made a monochrome sensor.

And when we released the Epic it was " Arri would never make a mini Alexa box like the Epic as that's not what real cinematographers want " until they did.

And when we made Fincher's camera with all the built in wireless " Arri would never do such a silly thing. " until they did.

And you know the whole Arri campaign " 2k is enough "..... until it wasn't .

Arri isn't dumb... they eventually respond and when they respond they do it very well, and probably even smarter they usually always just sit back and wait for the dust to settle after we blindly trailblaze haphazardly through the weeds pretending to know the future...
    THIS.
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    Frame.io
    @jasondiamond

Monstro VV Stormtrooper / 8K HELIUM Stormtrooper / 2 x Gemini Packages
    Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 16mm-180mm / Atlas Anamorphic A-Set

[
    I would say a dji inspire 2 6k would be a better option du to weight, built in gimbal etc. Dont really see the benefit of getting a komodo or red camera in air instead of the dji stuff..
    I have to disagree, Björn.
    So far, I have been only asked to fly Inspire twice. Don't get me wrong, Inspire with X7 makes beautiful images. But production only ask for Inspire if there is no or limited budget. Director/DOP usually want you to fly the same camera/lens combo they shoot on the ground. Tell me want you want but that is reality. 99% it is either Alexa or RED, at least in my case.
    Yes, Inspire can fly very fast and is agile. But so can a good custom build drone with 12S too - and it can carry much beefier camera setup at the same time.

But normally especially if you fly a 5k + USD camera you keep some distance to target and then the rolling shutter is not much of an issue, as camera is really well stabilised / not shaking etc on a drone. Good gimbal I find more important than rolling shutter on a cinema drone and the the Zenmuse 6k is difficult to beat in that regards.
    Agree and disagree.
    Unfortunately, Komodo doesn’t have internal stabilisation à la GoPro 7/8. I wished it had. That would be a game changer in the aerial/FPV world. Think, if you can mount Komodo on a bigger racing quad and do super high speed proximity flying along mountain ridges - this will be the next level of FPV Cinema. Global Shutter would definitely help in this regard.

OFF TOPIC:
    There will be new drone regulations in Europe as of June 2020. Every single drone pilot must register himself and his drone and pass a theoretical test to be able to fly in the open category (outside of urban, cities, people etc.).
    For the specific category (cities, near airports), or BLOS (beyond line of sight) additional requirements has to be met. Advanced theoretical test with practical exam. And your drone must fulfil "certain" CE standard. For the moment, this is not clear yet.

And YES, even if you want to fly DJI Mavic Mini, you have to register and pass a theoretical exam.
    There are no exeptions, unless you want to take the risk and do something illegal.

So a lot of things will change soon.
    Cinematographer and Drone Pilot
    thaichristen.com
    Switzerland
    Tax No:CH-036.1.057.957-3