Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216
Results 2,151 to 2,156 of 2156
    Quote Originally Posted by olivier harrault View Post
    Thanks for the feedback !!
    What kind of screen is this ? SmallHd ??

I think its FOCUS SDI (SmallHD)
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

This seems like a great camera for what it's intended to be used for. Which to me seems like it's most useful place of use is crash cam / action shots / multicam. A global shutter will really help those areas of use. But there are many people like myself who need smaller cameras as well. I sold my epic-w simply because it was too big and bulky to take it to the places I needed to go. Plus the power consumption + weight of the batteries really makes it a non-starter for remote work. Komodo fits this niche nicely but with the lack of higher frame rates that knocks it down a level.

I suspect there are a lot of people like myself who need a camera they can take anywhere. I would settle for a 5K sensor that can output 60 - 80 fps full sensor readout in a Komodo body. I don't need global shutter, dual base ISO or AF. Albiet, AF would be a nice feature.

Just my 2 cents. Still love the idea of the Komodo. I see these smaller cube cameras as the way of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Majeczky View Post
    This seems like a great camera for what it's intended to be used for. Which to me seems like it's most useful place of use is crash cam / action shots / multicam. A global shutter will really help those areas of use. But there are many people like myself who need smaller cameras as well. I sold my epic-w simply because it was too big and bulky to take it to the places I needed to go. Plus the power consumption + weight of the batteries really makes it a non-starter for remote work. Komodo fits this niche nicely but with the lack of higher frame rates that knocks it down a level.

I suspect there are a lot of people like myself who need a camera they can take anywhere. I would settle for a 5K sensor that can output 60 - 80 fps full sensor readout in a Komodo body. I don't need global shutter, dual base ISO or AF. Albiet, AF would be a nice feature.

Just my 2 cents. Still love the idea of the Komodo. I see these smaller cube cameras as the way of the future.

All good points. Specs and direction all changes with the tide. DSMC3 I believe will be a smaller lighter camera as we've seen happen since Red One. Komodo could evolve to something else down the road. Time will tell but it sounds like Komodo will be released fairly soon.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

has there been any talks about the Komodo having anamorphic capabilities?
    Zakaree Sandberg
    Zakaree@Gmail.com
    Cinematographer / Local 600
    www.Zakaree.com

Very good question!

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaree Sandberg View Post
    has there been any talks about the Komodo having anamorphic capabilities?

So i'm wondering whether we can get any clue as to possible timelines. Not carved in any stone. But whether we're talking a month, 3 months, 6 months or longer away? Holding off on a B cam which is needed soon - just wondering whether Komodo is even a possibility.

Can see there's a few in the wild. Just don't know what sort of rough timescale we might be on.

Any clues, most welcome!

cheers
    Paul
    -------------------
    insta: @paul.inventome