Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 342 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3420
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Fiorino View Post
    Odds we will see 120fps at 1080p?
    The crop factor for 1080p is likely to be around or more than 4X, so I’m not sure how useful it would be for a lot of people anyway.

Killer. If the sensor is Full-Frame I will be over the moon and will no longer purchase the C500 MKII. If they had an RF Mount and REDCODE it would be my perfect camera...until someone makes a Medium Format Cinema Camera I can purchase :)

This camera could disrupt the industry.

Awesome, I'm so excited for this camera. So many fewer compromises for drone and gimbal work!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Johnson View Post
    Killer. If the sensor is Full-Frame I will be over the moon and will no longer purchase the C500 MKII. If they had an RF Mount and REDCODE it would be my perfect camera...until someone makes a Medium Format Cinema Camera I can purchase :)

This camera could disrupt the industry.
    Not full frame.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    hey small question, will we be able to buy several Komodos at the discounted H1 owner if we only have one H1 ?

Komodo on the Ronin-S, can't wait for that. Say goodbye to my bmpcc4k as a c-cam :)

Jarred, will there be the same kind of gyro data as for DSMC2?

Would love to test our little program with a Komodo handheld file, even if it was shot with the lens cap on... happy to sign a NDA.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Figured that might be the case. Didn’t see the official announcement for the sensor size. I know Jarred mentioned it’s “not 8K VV” in the beginning, I was thinking maybe 6K VV could be a possibility. S35 is still awesome at this price point for this full RED setup. Anxious for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Not full frame.
    Last edited by Adam Johnson; 11-18-2019 at 04:03 AM.
    Alkali Digital
    Director | Cinematographer | Editor | UFOlogist

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    Natural looking image properties are not related to film medium only but primarily to properties of human vision. Using that as a reference is not being "constrained by the past", it is harmonization of image properties with human visual apparatus.
    This is what film has been doing for over a hundred years. Why re-invent the wheel trying to match digital color science to the human eye when there's so much that can fail in that process due to the human vision and brain interpretation being such a subjective and manipulated reference? Film has been doing it longer, it has gone through thousands if not millions of professional eyes trying to fine-tune it to perfection. To match up to film is to match up to the point of reference we are at in history and then we can build on from that. Why ditch that source and do it from scratch? Arri did it right with Alexa and that's why we're still seeing the same sensor from them even in their LF. While that's part marketing and business relation towards the top people and cinematographers in the industry, much of it also has to do with the actual image result you get from their cameras.

While there aren't many gains Alexa has over Red cameras, color science is definitely one of them. Instead of defending back and forth as fanboys do, I'd rather see companies and people actually looking at what is done right and what is done wrong, learning from that and building on top of that. The fact that we have lots of sensors and different looks from Red but Arri still has one sensor and one color science everyone is using speaks volumes about the consensus in that area. So maybe give credit where credit is due and look at what they did right. I'd love to see a Red with all the goods it gives you, while having the color image quality of Arri's cameras. Film as a reference point for color science is not an unreasonable request.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    This is what film has been doing for over a hundred years. Why re-invent the wheel trying to match digital color science to the human eye when there's so much that can fail in that process due to the human vision and brain interpretation being such a subjective and manipulated reference? Film has been doing it longer, it has gone through thousands if not millions of professional eyes trying to fine-tune it to perfection. To match up to film is to match up to the point of reference we are at in history and then we can build on from that. Why ditch that source and do it from scratch? Arri did it right with Alexa and that's why we're still seeing the same sensor from them even in their LF. While that's part marketing and business relation towards the top people and cinematographers in the industry, much of it also has to do with the actual image result you get from their cameras.

While there aren't many gains Alexa has over Red cameras, color science is definitely one of them. Instead of defending back and forth as fanboys do, I'd rather see companies and people actually looking at what is done right and what is done wrong, learning from that and building on top of that. The fact that we have lots of sensors and different looks from Red but Arri still has one sensor and one color science everyone is using speaks volumes about the consensus in that area. So maybe give credit where credit is due and look at what they did right. I'd love to see a Red with all the goods it gives you, while having the color image quality of Arri's cameras. Film as a reference point for color science is not an unreasonable request.
    Film too is engineered to match the visual perception characteristics of the human eye. If you use film as a reference point, which film stock will you use? A modern digital camera can simulate many. It can also produce visual aesthetics and color that film can't.
    As a separate medium, it deserves exploration on its own just to see what can be done.