Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 342 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3420
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald MJ Anderson View Post
    I own two civilian H1s and one military humvee. I also have some normal looking trucks. Elons truck looks the way it does partially due to clearances. Similar to how the Humvees have their wheels pushed to the front and back.

I don't see much benefit to a vertical windshield so a sloped windsheild is fine.

The flatbed seems useable although the slope doesn't allow for cargo to go across the top of the bed...but in all my time using trucks I've never had a need to do that. So again although it's an unusual design I don't see a downside that outweighs the positives.
    The shallow angle might make shedding snow a problem- or the clean drop off the front might make it better. There is a lot of front facing glass to catch rocks on gravel roads and most every windshield I've seen like that leads to horrible visibility for your front end- but I would have to sit in the driver seat to know.

This quick hack-job in Photoshop would give it the ability to accept a roof-rack, carry a camper, haul a fifth wheel or gooseneck trailer, carry a load across the bed, retrieve tools from the bed over the side without having to climb into the bed, accept a dry-box for carrying more tools... in other words it would make it possible for it to function as a work truck.

Attached Images
    Clint Johnson
    http://clintjohnson.com
    Original Owner RED One #351
    Part owner of RED Epic-X

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    As I said before, I am not going to conform specs until I am actually holding it in my hands and it's working :)

That is how this peek behind the curtain needs to work, It's the best way, really the only way, to separate dreams from reality.
    will some of the people you've shown using the Komodo post footage they've shot?
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

I think we've reached the inevitable conclusion of this thread...

The Komodo will now be incorporated into the base model of the Tesla Cybertruck. The Komodo will also be made of bulletproof materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin D'Haeze View Post
    I think we've reached the inevitable conclusion of this thread...

The Komodo will now be incorporated into the base model of the Tesla Cybertruck. The Komodo will also be made of bulletproof materials.
    Most emphatically not to be tested with the Tesla Armour Piercing Ballbearing(tm)
    Clint Johnson
    http://clintjohnson.com
    Original Owner RED One #351
    Part owner of RED Epic-X

Do you get a discount on the cyber truck if you purchased a Hydrogen?

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    The biggest unanswered question at the moment is perhaps the expected DR. Can we expect something in the ballpark of current Red sensors? Most of them around 16-17 total stops or 14 stops of usable DR based on how you count.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    The biggest unanswered question at the moment is perhaps the expected DR. Can we expect something in the ballpark of current Red sensors? Most of them around 16-17 total stops or 14 stops of usable DR based on how you count.
    I think in this industry its difficult to bring something to market thats a step back. So my guess is it will be on par with helium and gemini in terms of DR. If Söderberg leaves his monstros on the shelf to shoot with this thing it cant be all bad. But then again he used an iphone on his last film. Time will tell I guess.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    I think in this industry its difficult to bring something to market thats a step back. So my guess is it will be on par with helium and gemini in terms of DR. If Söderberg leaves his monstros on the shelf to shoot with this thing it cant be all bad. But then again he used an iphone on his last film. Time will tell I guess.
    I'm not sure how global shutters affect DR counts, but wasn't the global shutter at BlackMagic the reason it had its awful 11 stops compared to what they do now with 13 stops? So with Komodo having a global shutter, will that affect the DR down from 16-17 stops? If this is a new sensor there might be some new tech pushing the DR on a global shutter tech.

Key point is that if it has the capability of doing what is proposed, up to 40 fps 6K s35mm and at the same time keep the DR quality of current sensors from Red without pushing out more noise than the Dragon sensor, then it's probably gonna be a hit. I really hope that we don't get something that is subpar a 6K Dragon sensor.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

I'm not sure how global shutters affect DR counts but weren't the global shutter at BlackMagic the reason it had its awful 11 stops compared to what they do now with 13 stops?
    I know that the Sony F55 had a global shutter and the Sony F5's rolling shutter and both are rated at 14 stops, but they are old tech at this point

might be a Grame question as to why the readout from a global shutter limits the DR... obviously Elon is getting ready for California's apocalypse with flame throwers and bulletproof cars
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

I'm not sure how global shutters affect DR counts, but wasn't the global shutter at BlackMagic the reason it had its awful 11 stops compared to what they do now with 13 stops? So with Komodo having a global shutter, will that affect the DR down from 16-17 stops? If this is a new sensor there might be some new tech pushing the DR on a global shutter tech.

Key point is that if it has the capability of doing what is proposed, up to 40 fps 6K s35mm and at the same time keep the DR quality of current sensors from Red without pushing out more noise than the Dragon sensor, then it's probably gonna be a hit. I really hope that we don't get something that is subpar a 6K Dragon sensor.
    Dragon is 3 generations old I think it would be odd if this new sensor would not do cleaner lowlight. I have no clue what the kommodo will be. But these things are in a constant change and as dragon is, I dont know how many years old, was it 2013 it came out? I think its safe to say there is better sensor for red to choose from and there definitely is a price race on this kind of tech so yes, seams very odd if they would put something that is not atleast on par with their current lineup.

To me, If Kommodo is better per pixel than the current DSMC2 lineup would make perfect sense. Then when everybody and his brother got one, they can release DSMC3 that is even better. That, to me would be more logical than making Kommodo sub DSMC2 standard.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro