Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 274 of 342 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3419
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Korompilas View Post
    actually just came across something pretty cool. anyone know of other battery brands that build a d-tap into the bp-9 style battery? never seen it before, but that could solve a lot of problems for me.

link: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...t.html/reviews
    Dynacore
    Scarlet MX
    2 RAVENs
    2 GEMINI
    MONSTRO

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Will there be a possibility of a RF to PL mount that transfers lens data and can control internal PL lens focus? That would be superb together with autofocus. Not sure if there are PL lenses with internal motors today but maybe there's some company putting that idea into reality soon.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I told everyone that I wouldn't reveal Komodo until it was ready.. There still is a bunch of time before the first batch starts shipping towards the end of the year and everything can and probably will change.
    Sorry for quoting your first post Jarred.. But the end of the year is closer than ever. Any possibilities to give us an updated timeline?
    Just got my RF lenses and Cfast cards - I'm ready to order/pre-order.
    What info will RED need regards to our Hydrogen One order? Serial and Name is sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    First I have heard of such a thing.. but that sure would be cool.
    I could swear I read it on FB from John. That it would even use the same cartridges from the DSMC2 model. Was I dreaming John?
    Daniel Stilling, DFF (Danish Society of Cinematographers)
    Director Of Photography
    www.danieldp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Will there be a possibility of a RF to PL mount that transfers lens data and can control internal PL lens focus? That would be superb together with autofocus. Not sure if there are PL lenses with internal motors today but maybe there's some company putting that idea into reality soon.
    PV70 mount!
    https://www.panavision.com/products/primo-70-series

Quote Originally Posted by Eirik Fiskkjønli View Post
    Sorry for quoting your first post Jarred.. But the end of the year is closer than ever. Any possibilities to give us an updated timeline?
    Just got my RF lenses and Cfast cards - I'm ready to order/pre-order.
    What info will RED need regards to our Hydrogen One order? Serial and Name is sufficient?
    Yes. It is time. Would love to pre-order in 2019 and get a general release date for early 2020 shooting plans.

It would be pretty awesome if this screen could somehow become a flip-screen.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin D'Haeze View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure something based on mirrors could be used for that. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty confident some kind of viewfinder working on that principle exist for the infamous Mamiya Medium Format camera that Jarred loves so much (I used it in cinema school it was a bast) and that obviously influenced Komodo's design.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure something based on mirrors could be used for that. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty confident some kind of viewfinder working on that principle exist for the infamous Mamiya Medium Format camera that Jarred loves so much (I used it in cinema school it was a bast) and that obviously influenced Komodo's design.
    I had thought the same thing but isn't that touch screen. not sure the work around that, i guess this is where the hydrogen or smart device comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin D'Haeze View Post
    I had the same thought initially if you dig way back in the thread before I physically saw Komodo, but when I saw it that sort of went away. I see it being rigid as more of a damned if you do/damned if you don't situation.

Meaning flip screens can break fairly easily, yet provide convenience as an inclusive monitoring solution. And a rigid screen fixed to the body won't have those issues ever come up, which I think is relevant for many of the uses of Komodo.

It's also fairly small, I think about 3 inches or less wide. I think they'll be somewhat flip-style small screens at the end of the day for Komodo that will still keep it really small. Obviously phones, but the smallest potential is something like a 4.5" diagonal screen, which could likely be made as wide as the Komodo body itself, integrated to flip up and down, give you about 2X the width on that display, and if designed right could potentially be a "cover" to the top of the body.

That way you have a flip screen that's "always there" for super portable work still that if you clip it on a door or something, the whole camera doesn't go down.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon