Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 371 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Sounds really promising, like the perfect B cam for my Scarlet-W:

-Easier to use in smaller gimbals
    -Carry it always with you in your backpack
    -Hopefully easy to match with Dragon sensors
    -And, fingers crossed, with the new accelerated workflow in Apple Metal machines from September.

I would love to use it in my ultra-low budget productions.

Hopefully timecode in and out...SDI out?
    James Bridges
    Scarlet #651 "Maggie"
    www.typeamedia.com

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Guess we can add :
    - no P-Tap
    - no optical viewfinder

;-))
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

Guys... he didn’t say that it doesn’t have a Mysterium sensor!

So... you’re saying there’s a chance!

The word Komodo comes before the word dragon. So obviously it’s a sensor from before Dragon, and they chose to use Mysterium for ecology reasons, have a lower carbon footprint affecting wildlife by using a stockpile of already manufactured parts - one of the best sensors of the last 15 years...Mysterium. Komodo is also an animal, so you know it will be a beast, and it will run cool because lizards are cold blooded.

Komodo is an anagram for Doom OK, so that means it should have gaming features capable of playing DOOM OK. It’s also an anagram for OK Mood, so there are positive mental health benefits of using it, leaving us in an OK Mood.

The memory card slot is Fast, C ? So we can be certain it will record at a high data rate.

Also, Komodo dragons have two eyes, so by connecting two Komodos to a brain, one should be able to do 2 camera stitched RR (Reptilian Reality) capture with random angular interocular interval.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    Guys... he didn’t say that it doesn’t have a Mysterium sensor!

So... you’re saying there’s a chance!

The word Komodo comes before the word dragon. So obviously it’s a sensor from before Dragon, and they chose to use Mysterium for ecology reasons, have a lower carbon footprint affecting wildlife by using a stockpile of already manufactured parts - one of the best sensors of the last 15 years...Mysterium. Komodo is also an animal, so you know it will be a beast, and it will run cool because lizards are cold blooded.

Komodo is an anagram for Doom OK, so that means it should have gaming features capable of playing DOOM OK. It’s also an anagram for OK Mood, so there are positive mental health benefits of using it, leaving us in an OK Mood.

The memory card slot is Fast, C ? So we can be certain it will record at a high data rate.

Also, Komodo dragons have two eyes, so by connecting two Komodos to a brain, one should be able to do 2 camera stitched RR (Reptilian Reality) capture with random angular interocular interval.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Dan drank ALL the Komodo-aid. lol.

Actually the mysterium thing ...? The Dragon name is an odd decision... Hopefully it makes sense in the product line....
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W

This was supposed to be a year of saving money, and now this. You guys get me every time ;) Looking forward to getting my hands on this for personal and lower budget trips.

if it is a gimbal oriented camera, please have some kind of useful autofocus/face detection/tracking like Sony and Canon...

The shorter FFD of an RF (or E) mount is key to a smaller body. I'd place my bet on an S35-ish sensor size. Curious to find out the pixel pitch and nominal resolution.

Can't wait for Dan's next pun-ishment ;-)

Cheers - #19

Give me three...have 3 hydrogens...and they have 3.5 mic Jack...perfect for tentacles...will use them as additional cams for lve shows....GIMME GIMME GIMME
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

Quote Originally Posted by Maz Mawlawi View Post
    if it is a gimbal oriented camera, please have some kind of useful autofocus/face detection/tracking like Sony and Canon...
    The "auto focus is worse than useless for motion work" orthodoxy may have finally met it's match in ever more sophisticated AI applications. For some narrative work, there is no substitute for a human focus puller's ability to add meaning to a scene. That said, in the vast majority of production scenarios reliable tracking auto focus would rock.

Cheers - #19