Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 371 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    I guess some answers are in this 2018 article concerning the Hydrogen: “The modules include a better-than-5K 2D sensor with a near-universal interchangeable lens mount — “damn near every lens ever made” was the quote from Hydrogen team lead Phil Holland — REDCODE RAW LITE encoding and an external battery slot.”

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabling Harward View Post
    I really wish everything would just go to CFEXPRESS cards already. 1400 max write and 1600 offload speeds. This will future proof the memory aspect of the camera and keep us from waiting around with long offload times. Plus the form factor is perfect.
    Would be nice.. but as of today.. CFEXPRESS is still a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Erichsen View Post
    Looks a bit like micro 4/3... Hope Im way of, as I think that would be pretty sad.
    The perspective of your pictures are not the same... so I hope it's still s35mm

Sweeet! Phil you teased me with that RF Mount info when I said I craved a legit Cinema camera with an RF lens Mount. My Canon RF 28-70 is simply amazing. Probably my favorite lens ever.

RED certainly has my attention once again.

Jared,

The feature Id like to request for all future RED cameras is a rock solid AF system. Canons dual pixel autofocus is such a liberating feature. Same goes for Dual ISO.

You build this and youll steal a ton of customers (myself included) back from Canon, Sony, Panasonic, and Blackmagic. I miss RED code.
    Last edited by Adam Johnson; 07-28-2019 at 03:37 AM.
    Director | Cinematographer | Editor

It's 100% RF, I really really hope it's locking...if not all the adapter adapters fun will be ruined by image shift and such...

It also seems s35ish and not FF given the sensor area in relation to the mount, but the one pictured could be just a beta unit with a smaller sensor...
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dabling Harward View Post
    I really wish everything would just go to CFEXPRESS cards already. 1400 max write and 1600 offload speeds. This will future proof the memory aspect of the camera and keep us from waiting around with long offload times. Plus the form factor is perfect.
    CFExpress cameras and cards are being tested right now. Sandisk, Sony, Lexar, Delkin, ProGrade, and others have working samples and are offering them for the camera R&D. I expect that NAB 2020 and other events will see a small number of CFExpress cameras or more updates to current hardware to use CFExpress cards instead of XQD.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Johnson View Post
    Sweeet! Phil you teased me with that RF Mount info when I said I craved a legit Cinema camera with an RF lens Mount. My Canon RF 28-70 is simply amazing. Probably my favorite lens ever.

RED certainly has my attention once again.

——

Jared,

The feature I’d like to request for all future RED cameras is a rock solid AF system. Canon’s dual pixel autofocus is such a liberating feature. Same goes for Dual ISO.

You build this and you’ll steal a ton of customers (myself included) back from Canon, Sony, Panasonic, and Blackmagic. I miss RED code.
    Agreed!. A rock solid smart AF is needed

Quote Originally Posted by Ugo Del View Post
    I guess some answers are in this 2018 article concerning the Hydrogen: “The modules include a better-than-5K 2D sensor with a near-universal interchangeable lens mount — “damn near every lens ever made” was the quote from Hydrogen team lead Phil Holland — REDCODE RAW LITE encoding and an external battery slot.”
    Wouldn't REDcode Lite more or less be higher compression ratios, or do you think it's half-debayered ala BRAW?

Jarred, I'm dying to know if you'll offer a Mono Komodo? I've still been chugging along using my Epic-X M-X Monochrome, and something to move up to or have compliment it would be great :)

Senior Member David J. Buchanan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L. Langer View Post
    CFExpress cameras and cards are being tested right now. Sandisk, Sony, Lexar, Delkin, ProGrade, and others have working samples and are offering them for the camera R&D. I expect that NAB 2020 and other events will see a small number of CFExpress cameras or more updates to current hardware to use CFExpress cards instead of XQD.
    Not to mention who wants an untested media card like that? Give it some time and some time for that $$$ to drop. Also, how will offload be any faster if what your offloading to is bottlenecked? Everything needs to get faster and as far as I know, most people aren't running NVME 2.0 drives for offload.
    BLACK - Now on Amazon!
    Corporate G&E Package
    Gemini, Zeiss Otus 28, 55, 85
    davidjbuchanan.com | wecofilms.com