Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 371 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    Make it 100 and we all can be friends :)
    THIS! #50hz

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    I have a Micro rig I take to set with me sometimes just to have available. Entire kit with 2 zooms, full ND set and extra batteries fits inside a small photography bag. Love that little guy.

Komodo would allow that kit to be future proof, 1080P is getting soft as an acquisition format. Still cuts in with dragon footage but matching can be a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Geran Simpson View Post
    I have a Micro rig I take to set with me sometimes just to have available. Entire kit with 2 zooms, full ND set and extra batteries fits inside a small photography bag. Love that little guy.

Komodo would allow that kit to be future proof, 1080P is getting soft as an acquisition format. Still cuts in with dragon footage but matching can be a chore.
    This is the UHD version(over 6g SDI), we use them as top camera's in our newsstudio.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn Möller View Post
    THIS! #50hz
    Haha yep! Fine with me - 100fps for the non 24fps people.

I would love to see them use Sony NP-F batteries. Can go small if need be or get the Hawk-Woods variants for close to 100wh - hopefully that would last 4-5 hours on a smaller camera.

Not sure if doable, but NP-F style batteries would be a pretty rad choice!

I'd be fine with S35 4K, 2:1, 50p capable, TC, SDI, 33^3 LUT support and a red button.

Love the Sprit Red is bringing to the Media World!

Can only presume that the specs take aim at the Z-Cam E2-F8, seeing as that is capable of 8K from a full frame CMOS sensor and can record raw and 10bit H265. Releasing something that gives VR productions a chance to use more than 6 reds at once would be a very sensible move and required ASAP.

I think the Z-Cam E2 would be the minimum specs to target. And it better be a whole lot more capable seeing how the Z-Cam is less than half the price of Komodo. So I would expect RED to be offering something a lot more capable and compelling. Can’t wait to see what all it does.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.