Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 248 of 371 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3709
    +1 on the 2019 deposit. Would be nice to have the option to put some money down this year, especially in the event that the 2020 gear budget includes the expensive possibility of DSMC3!
    Ben Sturgulewski
    www.sturgefilm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    O no I totally get the confusion and the uncertainty.. Hydrogen had completely separate marketing, user forums, development and engineering teams from myself and RED camera but it still was under the RED banner and to most of you it just all looked like we were all the same . Outside of Jim's direct words there was a lot of "fill in the blanks" that happened and I totally understand how you are having a hard time understanding what the H path looks like.

The reality is that shortly after we changed Komodo to add the pins on the top for the Hydrogen, I also made the decision for those pins to support other phones as well ( luckily ) . We still have lots of work to do on that front... so we don't know exactly what features those pins will end up looking like, but the chances that the Hydrogen doing anything " special " that another phone does, at least at launch, is very slim now that the Hydrogen program is no longer.

Good news is that the capability of those pins gives a tremendous amount of opportunity in the future , not just for us but 3rd parties, But right now the majority of our engineers are focused on Komodo working as the best CAMERA possible... the rest , and I know the rest is important to you and a lot of others, is just honestly secondary... at least at this time.

Not sure if that helps you at all.
    Got it, that was what I needed to hear from the horse’s mouth.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bérenger Brillante View Post
    Hey, I'm new to autofocus, and the DPAF on Komodo doesn't ring any bells to me.

Right now, besides S-W and Monstro, I have a Nikon Z6, and the AF just works every time.
    Can we expect something as good for Komodo ?

Will you design additional version ? Like one with Z Mount ?
    I wish! I've also got a Z6 and would switch from it to Komodo if there was a Z mount option so that I could use that sweet Z glass I invested in. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, like 99.99% sure that won't happen. So we'll have to wait for that Prores RAW update (funny enough, not in camera now because RED won the lawsuit) to get something that's even remotely comparable. AF on this thing has me really intrigued though.
    Ryan Sauvé | @sauvedp
    Epic-W #7950
    Nikon Z6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sauve View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, like 99.99% sure that won't happen.
    RF flange is deeper than the Z6 flange so yeah, you're right. That's definitely not happening.

I ve been a little offline and catching up. I have not seen yet any Dynamic Range talks about Komodo...

I wonder if it ll be the same 16.5 Stops or less...

I know Jarred and the RED Team are gonna impress us all...

I am excited, waiting with all the patience in the world...

Cheers!

Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    Hydrogen ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    That's not really fair.. Sure, Hydrogen posted some specs before release that suggested the phone could do some sort of monitoring, But there was no denial from me or my team.. I was very clear as soon as the question was asked to me and RED ( camera ) that it would not and never be able to. multiple times.
    I must have missed this clarification. Can anyone point it out to me? Seems like it's important since Hydrogen users were still asking up till a few weeks ago when/if DSMC2 monitoring was going to happen and nobody at Red Hydrogen ever admitted it was not in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    RF flange is deeper than the Z6 flange so yeah, you're right. That's definitely not happening.
    Yes, I understand the difference in flange distance between the two, hence the "mount" reference instead of an "adapter" reference. Given that RF is the chosen mount and the mount won't be interchangeable, I say 99.99% because RED has a way of tweaking things before they get released but yeah, pleasing only a handful of us Z guys wouldn't make much sense.
    Ryan Sauvé | @sauvedp
    Epic-W #7950
    Nikon Z6

+1 for 2019 pre-order! I would love to pre order now, take my money! ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sauve View Post
    Yes, I understand the difference in flange distance between the two, hence the "mount" reference instead of an "adapter" reference. Given that RF is the chosen mount and the mount won't be interchangeable, I say 99.99% because RED has a way of tweaking things before they get released but yeah, pleasing only a handful of us Z guys wouldn't make much sense.
    Shoot, I totally read it wrong, my bad. But yeah I'd agree with you that a secondary model with a Z mount would be highly unlikely too. I think E mount would be more appealing to a wider range of lens owners, but even then, I wouldn't see that happening either.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    I must have missed this clarification. Can anyone point it out to me? Seems like it's important since Hydrogen users were still asking up till a few weeks ago when/if DSMC2 monitoring was going to happen and nobody at Red Hydrogen ever admitted it was not in the pipeline.
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1817667