Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Closed Thread
Page 251 of 371 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3709
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stanley View Post
    Could be interesting... EF to RF speedbooster.

https://www.metabones.com/products/d...B_SPEF-EFR-BT1
    Great! With a multi-function Control Wheel for assignable functions (eg. ISO, shutter speed or aperture control...).

Add a Tiltamax TE-ND (Digital variable ND) and we're set!
    🧠+👁️+👂🏼+📹=...
    Documentary shaper, "that guy...".
    https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1523882/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Oh wow, this is amazing. Been waiting for this for the EOS R, just wasn't sure it would ever come. Of course, if you use this you lose the best part of using EF lenses on an RF mount camera (that variable ND adapter). But for using wide angle lenses, this could be great.

Also, with this speedbooster, you can shoot in 4k and 4.5k on the Komodo without that much crop - if you want to save a ton of space on file size. This (and the variable ND adapter) is why the RF-Mount was such a great choice (not to mention the amazing native lenses that are coming out for it) and also why Canon probably should have had an RF version of the 1DX Mark III (and the C500 II).

Excited.

I think the Komodo sensor is just a bit too large for this to cover it (unless you shot in a slightly cropped mode like maybe 5.5K). Maybe they'll make one with slightly less focal reduction in the future?

Just in case you didn't see this on Jarred's Instagram
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Genova View Post
    I think the Komodo sensor is just a bit too large for this to cover it (unless you shot in a slightly cropped mode like maybe 5.5K). Maybe they'll make one with slightly less focal reduction in the future?
    the speedbooster covers 16x24 (29mm diagonal)
    it should cover 14x27. Komodo sensor may be wider but it is lower (30.5mm diagonal)
    or maybe not....depends on the lens it's used with
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    the speedbooster covers 16x24 (29mm diagonal)
    it should cover 14x27. Komodo sensor may be wider but it is lower (30.5mm diagonal)
    or maybe not....depends on the lens it's used with
    Ahh, true. I forgot to account for the different aspect ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Not gonna lie to you.. this is the first time we have made a sensor with PDAF. So I am betting it will take us a few firmwares to get it just right.
    And by getting just right, would you be opened to share if your intention to eventually match what Canon and Sony currently offer in terms of AF ? (I especially like Canon’s implementation)

- Fast & accurate Face and Eye detect
    - Powerful and accurate AF Tracking
    - Ability to touch select the focus zone or detected subjects with touch screen monitors and supported phones?
    - Ability to set tracking sensitivity to set speed at which change of focus is achieved (for more natural and cinematic response. Canon has settings for this)
    - Compatibility with grip controller to control AF functions: area/subject selection, lock focus, etc. Control at your fingertips so you keep your shot stable and your attention where it should be

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Good news is that the capability of those pins gives a tremendous amount of opportunity in the future , not just for us but 3rd parties, But right now the majority of our engineers are focused on Komodo working as the best CAMERA possible... the rest , and I know the rest is important to you and a lot of others, is just honestly secondary... at least at this time.
    This makes me wonder if there's a chance that we could see support for using and syncing flashes with Komodo down the line.
    It probably would have to be more rudimentary than a camera with a mechanical shutter, but wouldn't the global shutter solve some, if not all, of the issues of using an electronic shutter for flash photography?
    I'll be the first to admit the overlap is probably so niche it'd be considered tertiary, and potentially more fitting for DSMC3, but if the pins could be adapted into a hot shoe (or even just an EXT port to PC adapter), that would honestly be a pretty killer feature.

That is assuming, potentially incorrectly, that it's more a matter of programming in the protocol and getting it working than having to throw in additional hardware inside.
    Brandon Veen | Digital Curator at Hedderich's
    Epic-X Dragon #08127 + Fujifilm GFX50R + Leica BLK360

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Here's a good way to visualize Komodo's sensor size now that Jarred's dropped those details.

Komodo 6K compared to Dragon-X 5K S35:
    http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...rmatB=5K%20FF&

Here's Komodo 6K compared to Monstro 8K VV at 5.5K FF:
    http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...&focalLengths=

And relevant to the film formats, here is Komodo 6K compared to Super 35mm 3-perf:
    http://phfx.com/tools/formatCompare/...&focalLengths=

What you get with Komodo 6K is as Super 35mm Plus format size (wider) that is slightly larger than Dragon/Monstro at 5K FF format/resolution, slightly smaller than both of those in 5.5K FF.

Interesting stuff. When I was filming mainly on Dragon 6K (all the stuff I shot for Absolut, BMW, Sharp, etc) I was using 5.5K FF as the main format as the general image circle for S35 lenses was/is designed around the typical spec for S35 4-perf. Komodo kinda lives in there.

So glass-wise, you can use whatever you want on it when it comes to larger format coverage, but S35-wise and APS-C or whatever you can put some really small glass on there.
    Phil,

Are all of the various cropped formats listed in the RED DSMC camera tables of your format tool actually in the camera menu selections?

If so, are these likely to be available for Komodo too? I was looking at the various 2.5K modes as an option for use with my 16mm and S16mm vintage film lenses for 2k/HD finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Veen View Post
    This makes me wonder if there's a chance that we could see support for using and syncing flashes with Komodo down the line.
    It probably would have to be more rudimentary than a camera with a mechanical shutter, but wouldn't the global shutter solve some, if not all, of the issues of using an electronic shutter for flash photography?
    I'll be the first to admit the overlap is probably so niche it'd be considered tertiary, and potentially more fitting for DSMC3, but if the pins could be adapted into a hot shoe (or even just an EXT port to PC adapter), that would honestly be a pretty killer feature.

That is assuming, potentially incorrectly, that it's more a matter of programming in the protocol and getting it working than having to throw in additional hardware inside.
    Global shutter does solve flash banding problems associated with rolling shutters.