Thread: Jinnimag discussion

Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Jinni is probably running afoul of UK counterfeit laws. US laws might be more lax which is where the previous lawsuit took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Benjamin P. View Post
    Jinni is probably running afoul of UK counterfeit laws. US laws might be more lax which is where the previous lawsuit took place.
    In the comment of one of his videos he explains exactly what to do in order to make your own redmag, but I'm not going to post or link it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stilling View Post
    This is getting old. Have you stopped to think that Jarred and the engineers probably spent hundreds if not thousands of hours testing different panels to see which ones have the best quality/durability/reliability qualities? Might not be the best IQ OLED out there, but what if that OLED touchscreen burns out after being exposed to 10 hours of direct sun, or something similar? Or stops working in subzero temps?
    I trust RED to have tested and made sure that what they put in their products is rugged and won't fail me after a few hours of use. And I have had my cameras in the worst climate conditions in the world, from way sub 0 temps, to sand storms to middle eastern deserts, and it all still works like the day I received them.
    Also, is that guy now a patent lawyer? That is beyond silly. I know nothing about patent law, and desire to stay that way. There are certainly many a lawyer that have checked this in the past. And the patents still stand, so I have no reason to believe that theres something wrong with it all... What a silly thing to have a hang up on.
    And that bit that the RED breadbox prototype was attached to a computer. Yeah? It's a computer with a sensor. Is that news to anyone?
    He's just coming through as a bitter, vindictive kid that didn't get his way with his "made in the UK" mags...
    My advice? Go put your money where your mouth is, and design and create a camera system that is as innovative as REDs and you could get a lot of business. Lead by example instead of trying to tear other people down. That's the lowest form of self aggrandizing that you can find.
    Good job on the editing though... (sarcastic mode on)
    This pretty much.
    Forged CF Helium 8K 00107
    Scarlet X 02249 (The Gateway Drug)
    Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 Version 2
    RED Pro Zooms and Primes
    Director/DP at https://www.butcherbox.com

Living life by the ocean.

So there’s another video out, and at this point I just don’t care/didn’t care too much for the Mysterium sensor back in the day and don’t see what this guy’s beef is with Red. But how did he get a video deposition of Jim? I’ve done a lot of legal work/depositions and I’d expect it to have been marked as confidential and not in the public domain

*edit. Friendly Forum Mod here. We're not supporting this by sharing or embedding links to this particular content as it's very much designed to harm this community in general. Discussion and discourse is fine however.
    Last edited by Phil Holland; 09-20-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    Red Weapon Helium
    GL Optics Leica R
    Nikkor
    Looking forward to finally using my Hydrogen with whatever Komodo is...
    PresidentialFilmPhoto.com
    Cinematography & Fashion/Glamour Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kennedy View Post
    But how did he get a video deposition of Jim? I’ve done a lot of legal work/depositions and I’d expect it to have been marked as confidential and not in the public domain
    This is highly illegal and RED lawyers need to be issuing a takedown to youtube right away. He probably uploaded on friday evening knowing that everyone would have left for the weekend so this would get the maximum exposure before anyone can take it down

As for how he got that illegal footage, he probably paid someone off and/or has help on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Benjamin P. View Post
    This is highly illegal and RED lawyers need to be issuing a takedown to youtube right away. He probably uploaded on friday evening knowing that everyone would have left for the weekend so this would get the maximum exposure before anyone can take it down

As for how he got that illegal footage, he probably paid someone off and/or has help on the inside.

I maybe new to this community but

I must admit a couple of things...

1. This Dude Jimmimag is created in the mold of Micheal Moore...
    2. Even with the propaganda he has valid points...
    3. RED has been doing some manipulations...
    4. The color science is still amazing so I don't care...

As being a new member to this ecosystem, I do not care the reason... `I just want something my client will love and cherish,,

Personally put.. Get your shit together..
    Last edited by Jamil Stubbs; 09-21-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Isn’t there a Chinese proverb that says: "When the sage points at the moon, the fool looks at his finger”?

Seriously are we still into this?

What’s the purpose of these videos?

This last one is obviously a bashing video. Starting with Hydrogen and thrn going all the way to the sensors.

Bottom line here:

Red cameras produce gorgeous pictures, have a great workflow and Red has excellent support and costumer service. Its a system very much accepted in the industry. Is it worth it ? you be the judge. For me it has worked very well and actually helped my career. Best camera purchase I ever did.

Try it for yourself . Try the workflow. Manipulate the image. Decide for yourself and dont go from conspiracy to conspiracy, personal agendas or opinion makers. See and decide for yourself.
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

As I understand its about patent. If red bought the tech or made it themselves. If they had the tech in use before they applied for patent etc. Jim stating they did not record to redcode while, they post on the web that they are happy about their success recording redcode is very irrelevant for anyone that likes red cameras and are happy with what they deliver. But if the order of things makes the red patent invalid, well then I can only assume this is quite important for other manufacturers that wanted to record compressed 4k and above raw.

So all this its I guess a bit above the heads of us camera users but even if he is just somewhat right it could very much have an impact on how the competition act around red patents. Not sure how it works but if you lied in the patent process and that held competition back I can only assume they can sue and make claims for lost profit.

And as Red is one of the first companies of this size, atleast that I seen, that sort of grow up on forums like divxuser and reduser. It ofcourse has a lot of benefits to be able to have direct communication with the client base. But also, clearly one of the drawbacks are that all conversations through those channels are recorded and archived for the future. It makes it no doubt very important what is said and when or things can apperently catch fire quite quickly.

What is more then a little bit odd is the effort Bruce is putting into all this. He really made it his mission. All while he is still selling his jinni mags and other accessories for the same red cameras which he seams to hate so much.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame / VFX / Motion capture / Monstro

You don’t need a working prototype to file a patent so wether RED did or didn’t have working redcode raw on a given date is irrelevant. Red patents will hold fast.