Thread: Not going there

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Not going there 
    I'm a rather rare breed. REDuser but also Enterprise technical with Mac.

In MY Humble Opinion, Mac OS 10.4 Mojave or later is NOT ready for PRIME time with regards to production.

I have seen 4 workstations with the APFS system get totally messed up and TURTLE SLOW.

Only a clean install could fix them. I'm on 10.13.6 with HFS+ and will not move to anything APFS until Diskawarrior 6 is released. I advise same for any other Mac user.

"Steve Job's rolling in grave"

Any idea what's causing the issues? I've been on 10.14 since it was released and haven't had problems, aside from "purgeable space" being extremely annoying at times.

APFS is a brand new file system and it is definitely work in progress. There were number of reports of serious issues arising from usage of APFS. So, I am not using it, even though I'm on Mojave. Apple allowed installation of High Sierra on HFS+, but with Mojave they automatically convert your existing HFS+ into APFS without even asking. So, I installed Mojave on APFS and then used CCC to copy it to my OS formatted as HFS+drive. No issues whatsoever...
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel