Thread: New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Samir Patel View Post
    I agree x 3. Multicam interview projects... Built in monitor... Raw 6K... Makes life a lot easier AND today.
    I'm all for more multicam in general of your work my friend....just saying ;)
    Dr. Dominik Münch D.O.C.A
    Filmmaker & Cinematographer
    Epic-W "Lucy"
    http://www.blacksun-productions.com
    http://www.instagram.com/drdominikmuench

The more I think about it, the more I wish it was RF (or some kind of universal BMD mount)... Would've pre-ordered without question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I wish it was RF (or some kind of universal BMD mount)... Would've pre-ordered without question.
    I agree. RF mount would have been really great for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuks Ude View Post
    I agree. RF mount would have been really great for this.
    Problem with RF mount is Blackmagic uses the same inefficient IR Cut in all of their cameras. You would not be able to use the Canon EF-ND mount without using some kind of IR cut anyways. Not sure the RF mount adapters affect battery life, but the Pocket 6k already advertises 15 minutes less.

Anything shorter than EF (or even native PL mount for that matter)would mean the end to UMP2. As horrible for motion capture as this form factor is the UMP2 would be killed on the price point alone...
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Very aggressive/impressive price to specs ratio. I guess we'll all be able to see just how good it is (or isn't) soon enough...

Shared my thoughts as I see this as potentially the biggest value-for-money disruption/shift since the original BMCC or the A7s (4k out of hdmi)... the big ones prior being the Red one (high end) and the 5D Mk ii (entry level). I'd pick one up if I didn't have my eye on other gear... And already have the stellar Red Scarlet-w :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dominik Muench View Post
    I'm all for more multicam in general of your work my friend....just saying ;)
    Hehe thank you my friend. You are too kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    Anything shorter than EF (or PL mount for that matter)would mean the end to UMP2. As horrible for motion capture as this form factor is the UMP2 would be killed on the price point alone...
    Dunno about that.

With the G2 theres internal ND, much higher dynamic range, two customisable SDI outs, full size XLR audio, higher integration time (less RS), much higher frame rate options, interchangeable and user shimable lens mount, EVF that's designed to work with it, ProRes444 option (only to HQ on the 4K/6K), orientable screen, more accurate TC clock with a dedicated TC input, ref input for multicam...that's a lot more that's different than the same...

They're totally different cameras aimed at totally different users.

Like the first camera that came out, was originally EF only, I wouldn't be surprised if enough people ask, that a PL version of the P6K shows up....

JB
    John Brawley
    Cinematographer
    London UK
    www.johnbrawley.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    Dunno about that.

With the G2 theres internal ND, much higher dynamic range, two customisable SDI outs, full size XLR audio, higher integration time (less RS), much higher frame rate options, interchangeable and user shimable lens mount, EVF that's designed to work with it, ProRes444 option (only to HQ on the 4K/6K), orientable screen, more accurate TC clock with a dedicated TC input, ref input for multicam...that's a lot more that's different than the same...

They're totally different cameras aimed at totally different users.

Like the first camera that came out, was originally EF only, I wouldn't be surprised if enough people ask, that a PL version of the P6K shows up....

JB
    NDs are easily solvable in a few different ways once the space is available. The rest is easily offset by the price and size advantage. Nobody cares what market the manufacturer intended the cameras for. Especially in the indie segment where production is much more flexible and budget oriented. But....the market will speak...much more quietly if BMPCC6K remains EF only...
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K

By LumaForge

Blackmagic Design just announced the new Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K. It is a 6K Super 35mm cinema camera with an EF lens mount. Learn the not so obvious benefits of this brand new camera from Blackmagic Design.

You can now capture and edit 6K Blackmagic Raw. Test your computer's ability to work with BRAW with the new Blackmagic Raw Speed Test. You can download the Blackmagic Raw Speed Test for MacOS here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/supp...
    #LumaForge #EditBayA #BMPCC6K

For super easy collaborative video storage, check out the LumaForge Jellyfish.
    https://lumaforge.com/jellyfish/

Don't forget to Subscribe for more presentations from the Faster, Together Stage.

To learn more about us, go to our website, or follow us on social media.
    Twitter: @lumaforge
    Facebook: LumaForgeInc
    Instagram: @LumaForgeInc