Thread: DSMC OLPFs

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 DSMC OLPFs 
    Hey Everyone,

I own a RED Dragon Epic-X, and the kit I purchased came with the Skin Tone OLPF. I was able to find a used Low Light OLPF off eBay, but cannot for the life of me find the Standard available anywhere (the one I really want). Anyone know of a way to get one? I asked RED HQ and they said they don't have any in stock, wondering if anyone else has a resource for something like this.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno DiMaria View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I own a RED Dragon Epic-X, and the kit I purchased came with the Skin Tone OLPF. I was able to find a used Low Light OLPF off eBay, but cannot for the life of me find the Standard available anywhere (the one I really want). Anyone know of a way to get one? I asked RED HQ and they said they don't have any in stock, wondering if anyone else has a resource for something like this.

Thanks!
    I don't ever remember STD being an option for DSMC1. I was an early EPIC DRAGON owner and followed it closely until I gave in and upgraded everything to DSMC2.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    I don't ever remember STD being an option for DSMC1. I was an early EPIC DRAGON owner and followed it closely until I gave in and upgraded everything to DSMC2.
    Standard OLPF originated on DSMC1. It came out after STH and LLO. I haven't tried it though. I just keep LLO on mine.
    Last edited by Akin A; 08-18-2019 at 06:55 AM. Reason: clarity
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4

I've used the Standard OLPF on my Epic-x Dragon before, but I had to rent it. I like the hues of red better and it still is good in low light. I'd love to get ahold of one. They definitely have them for DSMC1, but I could not find one to buy when I tried a few months ago.
    Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece
    Sigma Pro Primes and Video Production
    Justin at BLAREMedia dot net

For anyone interested, I am selling a DSMC1 LL OLPF, used only briefly as the H2 OLPF was installed permanently on my rig.
    Dragon 6K 'Red Sea', Helium 8K S35
    Gates Deep Weapon/Dragon Underwater Housing
    Hollis PRISM2 Rebreather System
    FAA Drone-licensed, Inspire 1 4K RAW
    Red Sea Pictures