Thread: DSMC OLPFs

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 DSMC OLPFs 
    Hey Everyone,

I own a RED Dragon Epic-X, and the kit I purchased came with the Skin Tone OLPF. I was able to find a used Low Light OLPF off eBay, but cannot for the life of me find the Standard available anywhere (the one I really want). Anyone know of a way to get one? I asked RED HQ and they said they don't have any in stock, wondering if anyone else has a resource for something like this.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno DiMaria View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I own a RED Dragon Epic-X, and the kit I purchased came with the Skin Tone OLPF. I was able to find a used Low Light OLPF off eBay, but cannot for the life of me find the Standard available anywhere (the one I really want). Anyone know of a way to get one? I asked RED HQ and they said they don't have any in stock, wondering if anyone else has a resource for something like this.

Thanks!
    I don't ever remember STD being an option for DSMC1. I was an early EPIC DRAGON owner and followed it closely until I gave in and upgraded everything to DSMC2.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    I don't ever remember STD being an option for DSMC1. I was an early EPIC DRAGON owner and followed it closely until I gave in and upgraded everything to DSMC2.
    Standard OLPF originated on DSMC1. It came out after STH and LLO. I haven't tried it though. I just keep LLO on mine.
    Last edited by Akin A; 08-18-2019 at 07:55 AM. Reason: clarity
    Filmmaker, Actor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
    Epic-X Dragon #08468 | Sigma Art 35/1.4, 50/1.4, Rokinon 85/1.4

I've used the Standard OLPF on my Epic-x Dragon before, but I had to rent it. I like the hues of red better and it still is good in low light. I'd love to get ahold of one. They definitely have them for DSMC1, but I could not find one to buy when I tried a few months ago.
    Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece
    Sigma Pro Primes and Video Production
    Justin at BLAREMedia dot net

For anyone interested, I am selling a DSMC1 LL OLPF, used only briefly as the H2 OLPF was installed permanently on my rig.
    Dragon 6K 'Red Sea', Helium 8K S35 ‘Safe Passage’
    Gates Deep Weapon
    Hollis PRISM2 Rebreather System
    Red Sea Pictures

Looking to buy a standard OLPF!

Try Alfred Jaax at www.xinegear.com (former RED Germany). He might have one.