Thread: Need advice, wide angle lens

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    I totally forgot about the Sigma ART lenses. Have not used them, but I keep hearing good things...
    Blue avatar throws me off every time. Guess I’ve been conditioned for years.

I too had 'Sigma aversion' from old prejudice about cheap imitation but...A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Sigma 20mm T1.5. I wanted more FOV than my Milvus 25 allowed. I wanted "fast glass". Without doing a lens to lens shootout but just looking at several shoots I see no problems with the Sigma. The Milvus is wonderful and after qualitative evaluation I conclude the Sigma is in the same neighborhood - the same house - pretty surely the same room as the Milvus. I anticipate extensive use of the Sigma.

I like my 50mm CP.3 a lot. If there had been a wide CP3 at T1.5 I would have continued my CP3 series but I did not want the T2.9 limitation.

I have a similar setup, Ef mount Otus + tele and Macros Canon L.
    I have the Sigma 14-24 on the wide end. If you don't need f2.0 or faster its a great lens, super sharp, good contrast and very little distortion

I have been using the Canon CN-E 14mm / T3.1 for years. First on MX, then Dragon and now on Helium. It is super sharp out to the corners, including at 3.1. Coverage is full frame, so no issue with S35. No vignetting. I love the lens. It is my go to lens for wide-sky time lapses.

Finally got my zeiss CP3 18mm, been working with it for some time now and like it very much. Got the Otuses to match with and think it works pretty good! The mechanics of these lenses are insanely good and it feels like they can take a beating! Flares seems to be quite easy to control.