Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing RANGER Gemini and RANGER Helium

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    This is interesting for sure! I am not really sure I would want to trade in my DSMC2 Gemini. The ability to pop on the jetpack expander and put it in a car or on a gimbal is so useful. If anything I just want to have a Ranger Gemini in addition to the regular one haha.

I think it’s safe to assume that customers swapping between regular and Ranger body is likely not possible? I would personally love to have the ranger body available for a regular shoot and the ability to swap back to a standard body for more specialized stuff. But I would imagine swapping the entire body isn’t something you want customers doing on their own.

Amazing to see these at such a good price compared to the normal variants!!
    Birth of the Modular chassis cinema camera

Jarred, did you guys consider making the purchasable Rangers with sidekick side modular so one could use Teradek MDR.ACI for instance ? Or it would have required too much of a redesign of the Ranger body?

BTW awesome news Ranger can now be purchased. You're gonna make a lot of people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    anythings possible :) You just need to either have deep pockets or you need to get a willing army together to make it happen :)
    Honestly, is it possible to get a Komodo into my hands, my dream is to have a backpack sized RED kit that I carry every fucking where. I know... I know....
    Not too old to still dream

amazing... this might be the heaven of cameras, if there is one.....
    "...in life we are either artists or spectators...."

CINESOCIETY
    RED AUTHORIZED RENTAL HOUSE
    SP/BRASIL

DSMC2 - Monstro 8k #011120
    DSMC2 - Hellium 8k - #8406
    DSMC2 - Hellium 8k - #8457
    DSMC2 - Hellium 8k - #8730
    DSMC2 - Hellium 8k - #8838

dragon CF "RYOKU" - 0069
    dragon M "GAMBARE" - 2497
    dragon M "GAMBATE" - 4651

This is no complaint. Im happy where I’m at, so even if the ranger upgrade was offered for monstro owners I would like to keep mine as is. As the Vlock module is all I need on my camera, I prefer it small and try not to rent it out to bigger productions that looks for a studio setup.

But for all those Monstro owners out there that would like to upgrade to ranger and paid 80K USD for thier monstros... I can only think this must sting more than a little bit. First the got hit by a quite drastic price drop and now, all but them is getting the option to go ranger.

As paying 15USD to go from monstro dsmc2 to helium does not sound logical at all.

Then what about the option of having any sensor available on the shelf at red service center. Can one go: Gemini to Gemini ranger and then swap sensor to Monstro and all of a sudden be in the exclusive rental only vip club? :)
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame / VFX / Motion capture / Monstro

This is great!

Actually this is insanely good of a deal, just an extra $5,450 for a Rangerized DSMC2 Helium & Gemini... Plus you get the goodies included and the TOP PRODUCTION HANDLE Wow!!
    F I L M M A K E R

This looks nice.

Does anyone know how well does the Ranger work with gimbals (movipro/ronin2)? Any lens limitation?

Is the trade in on this for a Scarlet-W $10K off the Ranger Gemini?
    BC
    Director/Editor
    www.brandon-christensen.com
    Scarlet-W - 000071

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    This is no complaint. Im happy where I’m at, so even if the ranger upgrade was offered for monstro owners I would like to keep mine as is. As the Vlock module is all I need on my camera, I prefer it small and try not to rent it out to bigger productions that looks for a studio setup.

But for all those Monstro owners out there that would like to upgrade to ranger and paid 80K USD for thier monstros... I can only think this must sting more than a little bit. First the got hit by a quite drastic price drop and now, all but them is getting the option to go ranger.

As paying 15USD to go from monstro dsmc2 to helium does not sound logical at all.

Then what about the option of having any sensor available on the shelf at red service center. Can one go: Gemini to Gemini ranger and then swap sensor to Monstro and all of a sudden be in the exclusive rental only vip club? :)
    Bjorn you can upgrade your Monstro to a Monstro Ranger, you just need to do it through your preferred authorized rental house... they control Monstro Rangers.

Ranger deserves a matte black coin too, they were dope, what happened to them???