Thread: Screen - The video player for video people

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Screen - The video player for video people 
    Hi! Im the creator of Lattice, a macOS app that converts, manipulates, and visualizes LUTs.

Weve recently released a new macOS app, Screen, a super pro video player with a clean interface and powerful features geared toward production and post.

Screen can play a lot of the standard video formats as well as image sequences like DPX, EXR, PNG, JPEG, etc and has support for REDCODE RAW and Blackmagic RAW.

Apply LUTs from your custom LUT library (or link to Resolve), configure color management (or bypass it all together), export to common movie formats (H264, HEVC, ProRes), take screenshots with a ton of custom options, navigate timecode in an editor-friendly way, sample pixels to get their RGB value, and a lot, lot more.

Please let me know what you think - Id love to hear any feedback you might have about it and what features youd like to see added.

Click here to visit the website for Screen.

-Greg

Greg, you make the most amazing software! I only hope you had a windows version. I’ve been looking for exactly this!

I’ll have to wait till next year when I build out a MAC DIT kit to replace my PC now.
    justin chin
    infinite machine
    www.infinitemachine.com

Seriously good stuff. Very much looking forward to testing this out soon.

Yup - Windows version please.

I'm at Trailer Park, a 500-person entertainment marketing company, and everyone is still trying to figure out what's a good Quicktime replacement.

None of the current Windows candidates we've found are perfect in terms of being able to scrub through and also frame-by-frame Quicktimes, turn on frame counts, export stills, etc.

Bruce Allen
    www.bruceallen.tv

Nice work Greg. I'll third the Windows version need, don't know if that's in the cards.

Don't know if you're looking for suggestions, but I have a bucket list of requests on a production oriented playback program.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Allen View Post
    Yup - Windows version please.

I'm at Trailer Park, a 500-person entertainment marketing company, and everyone is still trying to figure out what's a good Quicktime replacement.

None of the current Windows candidates we've found are perfect in terms of being able to scrub through and also frame-by-frame Quicktimes, turn on frame counts, export stills, etc.

Bruce Allen
    www.bruceallen.tv
    If you have any macOS systems, you know where to look! Windows won't be in the cards, unfortunately. Come to the dark side! The $35,000 new Mac Pro is calling your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Nice work Greg. I'll third the Windows version need, don't know if that's in the cards.

Don't know if you're looking for suggestions, but I have a bucket list of requests on a production oriented playback program.
    Unfortunately no Windows support. But always up for suggestions! Would love to read a list of requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cotten View Post
    If you have any macOS systems, you know where to look! Windows won't be in the cards, unfortunately. Come to the dark side! The $35,000 new Mac Pro is calling your name.
    This looks to be a nice video player for hipsters, ordinary people go for value for money(they have no choice) and will settle for hardware that is twice as fast for half the price and runs Windows, Linux and MacOS https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla with this trick. November will be an exciting month with the upcoming new Mac Pro and the new Threadrippers.

Are X-OCN, ARRIRAW, Cinema RAW Lite, DNx, Cineform and ProResRAW dead on MacOS?

Hats off Greg.

Requests coming up on your mail...
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Vth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

It looks very nice, Greg. You should consider DCP playing too...