Thread: Avid Raw and Proxy workflow

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Avid Raw and Proxy workflow 
    I have a commercial coming up that is being shot on 4k (red dragon dual record with raw and proxies and cutting on Avid 2018.11) We would like to edit with the proxies and then conform to the 4k and color in Avid. I can not get this to work! Have you had any experience with this workflow? I have been trying linking & unlinking and no dice. All the tutorials I have watched, are about how to make proxies but we will already have them. Any insight or advice you could provide would be much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Sara

You need to look at the relink dialog and change the criteria so that Avid is seeing a match between the two. This requires identical tape names, but Avid can also use file name if necessary. My guess is that you've got that set to the default, which is "tape name or source file ID." Try changing that to "tape name or source file name" for the Original file. You might also have to change that on the Target side. The other possibility is that Avid is looking at the wrong time code on the R3D files. Remember that R3D files have two time codes, and you must look at the correct one.

I've said it here many times, but there is no magic to relinking in Avid. You just have to create a condition in which the time codes and the tape name match. Avid gives you numerous ways to do that as long as you understand how.

Thank you! I will try this!